Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive tried everything! Cam all the way left, center shot 13/16 to 3/4" , different blades, different grips, different arrows, different bow weights, different grips/sideplates- still an ugly tear left.

Should i investigate limb defections or is it not worth it?

Are the axle bolts maybe too tight? (binding up the cam?)

Anything else i can try before i take it apart?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I noticed my 40 liked a stiff arrow. Even when I was shooting it at 60lbs it wanted a .250 spine. I’d cut the arrow down or try an arrow stiffer than you’d normally shoot. See what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That just seems crazy lol. In shooting 61# 29.75 draw or so

Tried 28.5 380 spine pro comps and 28.5 340 spine x10 pro tours. No change in the tear

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I’d definitely try a .300 spine. 300’s were weak out of mine at 62# 31.5” draw. Arrows were 30.5”. Find a cheap 300 spine arrow and just see how it reacts. If it doesn’t get any better I’d try pushing cams all the way right (just to see what happens) then I’d worry about limb deflections. I try to avoid messing with the limbs at all costs lol

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure about the spine being the problem. I turned the bow down three full turns on the limbs and it did nothing to the paper tune

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Not sure about the spine being the problem. I turned the bow down three full turns on the limbs and it did nothing to the paper tune

Then it could be a limb issue. Which sucks because Mathews is probably still way behind

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i still have my other trx40 setup for 3d so i could run with that. ill be at it tonight and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bad cam bearing

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The cam bearing was fried