Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody explain how these work? I've searched and can't seem to find the answer.

I realize they have safeties but if you draw with the handle at a different angle than the last time, will the release fire when you take the safety off? How do you set the speed and how do you have consistent shot timing? I hope I explained myself ok

·
One Shot
9,198 Posts
The head locks in position when the safety is off. I'm pretty sure it then takes the same amount of rotation to set it off, but if you stop at different angles each time it will feel different. Until the safety is released the head free floats.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The head locks in position when the safety is off. I'm pretty sure it then takes the same amount of rotation to set it off, but if you stop at different angles each time it will feel different. Until the safety is released the head free floats.
So if you have too much pressure on your ring finger and release the safety, it won't go off?

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might have to try one. I think it would be good for hunting.

·
Registered
681 Posts
They are fantastic! I borrowed a buddy of mines all summer and it was my favorite back tension I've ever shot! I would buy one in a heartbeat if I wasn't so cheap!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shoot a Stan jet black now but like the idea of a safety for hunting. Thought about a thumb button but I just can't get consistent with them

·
Registered
284 Posts
I used mine a couple years for hunting and really liked it. When buck fever kicks in its nice to have the safety, and not have to worry about having an accidental release while drawing.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. Still seems strange how they work. Don't 100% get how it does what it does but I think I'll figure it out when I get one

·
Registered
15,106 Posts
I prefer the Honey 2.
Sweet spot has a peg and a safety button. Carter, the peg is the safety button.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Sean, I use a Sweet Spot for spots/3D and have been for around 10 years. I use to struggle with my thumb release when I switched to it for hunting. Started hunting with the Sweet Spot a couple years ago and it has made me a better shot while hunting. Tried a Honey 2 and hated it. To each his own.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts