Archery Talk Forum banner

Tryed a Grizztrick today...

1232 Views 13 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Breathn
Well I got a sample head from a local dealer that I build strings for to try.I use 2 blade rage but was wanting a good fixed blade to shoot through the mesh on my blind and I loved the looks of these.Well I went straight to 40yds for the 1st shot.I was shooting my 82pd Xforce shooting 340 fps and had shot some slick mags and they flew great.Well I drew on my deer target and sqeezed it off good and it flew great.Flew straight on through my 1 month old 3d target straight through the thickest briar patch you will ever see.:confused::confused::sad: I did see it hit though and went and saw the 4 blade marks in the vitals on my target right where I was aiming.I looked for a while but that thing is a goner.Brand new axis nano and slick trick.It was pretty cool to know how good they penetrate though.I will be picking up a pack or 2 of these to try on some whitetails along with my rage heads...
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
3,986 Posts
Just got mine today and all i can say is "Awsome". They fly exactly like my field points and look nasty! The only problem is they are tight in my quiver because they are so big! Blew right threw my block target at 30yds and into my fence. Extremely sharp blades. Can't wait to see what these things are going to to do toa deer. The entry hole is going to be Awsome!

· aim small...miss small...
1,303 Posts
I went to pick up some more slick tricks a few weeks ago and the store only had 125 grain in stock, the only 100 grain they had were the Grizztricks so I thought what the heck. They fly great, hit right with my slick tricks. Hoping to post pics of wound holes from an urban doe soon, but they're not cooperating too well!

· Registered
427 Posts
Re:

Same here. I've been trying to field test the GrizzTrick for a couple weeks now, but the deer and the weather just haven't cooperated. Dang East wind in GA is driving me crazy and I only got 1 spot setup for an east wind. I've been tempted, but I haven't hunted stand I know there is good activity on because the wind hasn't been right. If I can just be a little more patient...

· Registered
4,057 Posts
I shot my cow elk with a Slick Trick mag 100 grain last week. Quartering away shot,went thru a rib going in, rib going out, and then blew a 1 1/2 inch hole thru the shoulder blade on the far side. The broadhead ended up just under the skin on the far side. I just need to replace the blades and it's ready to go again. Blades are fine , just a little dull after all the bone smashing.

· Registered
5,143 Posts
I just bought some. I didn't think I would get my hands on any till after deer season up here. They're here! They look SICK. I go hunting tommorrow and have std slick tricks in my quiver. At luch break I will try the Grizz Tricks and if they fly the same I would try them. If not I bought more std 1" 100gr ST's for a refill.
The race is on. Who has killed with the GrizzTrick this yr. I will shoot anything to the first to see the damage!

· Registered
802 Posts
I'm going out this Friday with mine! Fingers crossed, I'll be able to see what they can do. Who will be the first with a grizztrick kill?:tongue:

· Registered
1,539 Posts
[I was shooting my 82pd Xforce shooting 340 fps and had shot some slick mags and they flew great.

I shoot a bowtech 82nd @ 70# and 30" draw and I get 343 fps so I can imagine what that will do with a GRIM REAPER on the end of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:elf_moon::elf_moon:

· Vendor
36,886 Posts
still looking for picks of a Grizztrick kill ..........................

· Breathn
13,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ttt

[I was shooting my 82pd Xforce shooting 340 fps and had shot some slick mags and they flew great.

I shoot a bowtech 82nd @ 70# and 30" draw and I get 343 fps so I can imagine what that will do with a GRIM REAPER on the end of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:elf_moon::elf_moon:
Is that with a 430gr arrow?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.