Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so currently im trying to decide between the black eagle renegades vs the victory rip's any input between these two arrows? where are the black eagles made?

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
No complaints yet from my RIP and RIP XV's other than they don't seem to be overly durable. I don't expect great durability from such a light shaft either.

·
Hunter of many things
12,121 Posts
so currently im trying to decide between the black eagle renegades vs the victory rip's any input between these two arrows? where are the black eagles made?
If you are asking us to pick one of those 2, I would say Victory. But, you are not me and I dont know what you are going to be doing with these arrows. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
If I remember the renegade is a .006 i think a better comparison would be the rampage if you don't like the half outs I believe you can use the HIT inserts. Some people don't mind the outsert and half outs spoke to a bunch of people this week and they said with the new design from victory for the 35gr aluminum head to bend the arrow it self would of failed. I just ordered the rip and rampage from BE in single arrows to check them out, along with the axis and vap

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im not a fan of the hit, no real reason why, i just want something on the end of the shaf, and im look at the rip sports in a .006, so the renegades should be comparable, and im pretty set on the .204 id they just feel better to me.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
If I remember the renegade is a .006 i think a better comparison would be the rampage if you don't like the half outs I believe you can use the HIT inserts. Some people don't mind the outsert and half outs spoke to a bunch of people this week and they said with the new design from victory for the 35gr aluminum head to bend the arrow it self would have failed. I just ordered the rip and rampage from BE in single arrows to check them out, along with the axis and vap

What's an aluminum head? Why would it cause the arrow to break?

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
What's an aluminum head? Why would it cause the arrow to break?
The outsert by victory is a hardened aluminum outsert. I research there new outsert and was told by multiple people that if the outsert was to bend it would be beyond what the arrow itself could handle. So If you were looking for speed go aluminium if you wanted foc go stainless

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not really looking for speed out of the arrow, will probably be using a fixed blade, so i think ill be sticking around 280 the best i can.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Victory arrows are 100% more durable from my experience. I found the black eagles to be some of the brittlest arrows I've ever shot. They both fly good but the victory arrows can take a beating

·
Registered
18,292 Posts
I have never seen a Victory arrow sticking out of some body's arm, but I have seen a Black Eagle that
was sticking out of a guys arm at the Senior Olympic Nationals. I would go with the Victory shafts.

·
Registered
8,621 Posts
Victory

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
alright well i order two spines in the RIP's by victory gonna play and test out the 400's and the 350's see which one flys better and tears better with my set up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts