Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to use OT2! but I only had the download so when my PC crashed I lost it. I'm getting ready to get software again but I think I may want to try something different. I've used AA as well but not a whole lot. A friend has it and I've messed with it a little bit. It seems pretty good but not as complex as OT2!. I found that I didn't use a whole lot of the things that OT2! offered most of the time. I mainly used it to experiment with spine and do mark reference charts and the occasional sight tape. I've been looking into the TAP program and it looks to be pretty cool too but I don't see a ton of feedback on here.

Using the search feature here and reading through a lot of threads it seems that AA and OT2! get the nod from most. I'd also like to hear from the TAP users to see if it gets the job done just as well.

My other question is about updates and amount of installs. I know with AA if you buy the disc then you get something like 3 installs which is nice if you get a new PC. Since I did the download on OT2! I'm not sure if the disc version of that program gives you the same benefit. And what about TAP? Do you get extra downloads with them too? OT2! charges a small fee for yearly updates and stuff, do the others charge as well?

Thanks

· Tater's Archery Solutions
2,660 Posts
I have had TAP and currently am using OT2. Personally I dont think there is a comparison. OT2 rocks the socks off of TAP. I have never used or seen AA, but most who have it seem to like it as well.

· Registered
3,315 Posts
I have all three, and AA still beats them all...OT2 is more in depth, but their latest update has it disagreeing with the other two...OT2 has more input features (you can "adjust" the algorhythm more by tweaking the input info) but I still can't get any of them to print an identical sight tape...even with the same info! All I can say is find a friend with any or all of them and look at the program...pick the one you like the looks of best, and then stick with it religiously...these things are like a reloading manual...you gotta believe in one and forsake the rest. Good luck.

· Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have all three, and AA still beats them all...OT2 is more in depth, but their latest update has it disagreeing with the other two...OT2 has more input features (you can "adjust" the algorhythm more by tweaking the input info) but I still can't get any of them to print an identical sight tape...even with the same info! All I can say is find a friend with any or all of them and look at the program...pick the one you like the looks of best, and then stick with it religiously...these things are like a reloading manual...you gotta believe in one and forsake the rest. Good luck.
In AA can you print out a mark chart instead of a sight tape? I see on their site you can view it but the way it reads, it's view only because it says you can "preview marks on your computer monitor". I did just recently download the AAPalm software but haven't got to use it yet. I plan to use it mostly but a paper copy as a backup would be a good idea since the Palm is battery powered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.