Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am new to this forum so i am sorry if this has been beat to death but i couldnt locate the info i wanted
So i have shot a compound bow for almost 3 years now and my gf is interested in learning to shoot; however she want to shot traditinal style bow. I am looking at getting her a Martin Diablo TD bow 30or35# @ 28" but her draw length will be 25-26" (and maybe me a 45# one :wink: ). but beyound that I am so very lost. I know most traditional bows have you shoot off that riser, but have seen martins with whisker biskets and other report they are having trouble getting it to line up properly. If anyone has a clue on this i would love the information. Arrows seem to be the hardest thing to find info on everyone seems all over with their info almost seems like its what you feel like. I would like to know what you shoot and why. Now i know most people shoot feathers with traditional for good reasons but if i am forced to use a wisker bisket wont that rip the feathers off? Finally some newer bows like the one i am looking at offer a place to mount sights. what is everyones opinion on that and whats the advantages / disavantages of this? i know this is a good amount to ask in one forum but i just want the most info i can get from people in one area. ty everyone for your time.

·
Registered
10,456 Posts
Place this thread in the traditional section and you will get more answers to your questions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts