Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a bow for my wife, but I have no clue where to start. I'm going to assume that she will only be around a 24-25 inch draw (I'm assuming because she is only 5'3" so I may be wrong) , and I'd be surprised if she could pull 30 lbs. I'm looking for suggestions for a decent bow that will be enjoyable for her to shoot, so she won't be disappointed about spending money on something she wont like. Also, if it has some sort of pink option, that would probably help seal the deal. Also, I'd like to keep it a little on the cheaper side, just in case she doesn't like shooting. And by cheaper side, I mean a max of about 600 for a complete setup. Thanks in advance!

·
OEF VI VET
6,681 Posts
Look into the 2013 pse chaos one...it goes down to 24" draw and I believe the 2013's go from 30-50# on the 50# limbs. It is available in pink skullworks and is only $299. Throw a quality custom string and a bow rattler string stop on it and it is an amazing bow for ladies. The bow is light, quiet, and pretty smokin fast. My fiancee's 2012 is hitting over 230 fps at 25.5" and 40# with a loaded string and arrows that weigh slightly over 300 grains.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Ruckus great beginner bow!!

·
Registered
VXR 31.5 TRX 40 Hamskea Axcel Bee stinger Doinker
2,927 Posts
Take a good look at the Mission Craze. You could get a complete set up for way under 600. Its fully adjustable and if she don't like it, it will be an easy sell later on.

·
Wait......what?
4,888 Posts
Look into the 2013 pse chaos one...it goes down to 24" draw and I believe the 2013's go from 30-50# on the 50# limbs. It is available in pink skullworks and is only $299. Throw a quality custom string and a bow rattler string stop on it and it is an amazing bow for ladies. The bow is light, quiet, and pretty smokin fast. My fiancee's 2012 is hitting over 230 fps at 25.5" and 40# with a loaded string and arrows that weigh slightly over 300 grains.
x2!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I bought my wife a PSE Stilletto and it is a sweet rig. One of my guy friends shot it yesterday and was impressed. It is a little short for me but it looks good and the arrows fly good through it. It may be around the top of your price range but it is a looker and a shooter with low poundage, and PINK accents and string.

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
diamond infinite edge,
best thing on the market, and you only got to buy one bow
because she wont outgrow it, as her strength increases.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
diamond infinite edge,
best thing on the market, and you only got to buy one bow
because she wont outgrow it, as her strength increases.
x2
5-70 pounds on the same limbs and 13-30" draw lengths on the same cams. The bow shoots lights out, plus they have a pink camo riser/black limbs option. Comes fully setup for $399 MSRP

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
I'm looking to get a bow for my wife, but I have no clue where to start. I'm going to assume that she will only be around a 24-25 inch draw (I'm assuming because she is only 5'3" so I may be wrong) , and I'd be surprised if she could pull 30 lbs. I'm looking for suggestions for a decent bow that will be enjoyable for her to shoot, so she won't be disappointed about spending money on something she wont like. Also, if it has some sort of pink option, that would probably help seal the deal. Also, I'd like to keep it a little on the cheaper side, just in case she doesn't like shooting. And by cheaper side, I mean a max of about 600 for a complete setup. Thanks in advance!
This sounds like you stole the thread I wanted to start, right down to her height. Good replies so far. I have also heard good things about the new infinite edge.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm 5'4" and went with a Ruckus. If she is interested in target archery and wants a pretty bow instead of a hunting style bow, the Ruckus is great.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks or all the options.... Looks like I have some shopping and comparing to do. I'm really hoping that getting her a bow will at least minimize all the comments like "All you ever do is shoot that bow!" And "Why don't you ever want to spend time with me?" Killing two birds with one stone!

·
GUT DEER ????
4,595 Posts
i shot one of the infinite edge bows about a month ago and couldnt belive
how smooth and fast it was !
that bow is a homerun for sure

·
Registered
443 Posts
Take a look at the Martin bows, 35lbs of adjustment on the Fury cam, single cam ease and 15+lbs of adjustment on dw. Just another affordable option. leopard.jpg
Bought this new bare bow for $300 (old stock) for my wife and she is always bugging me to go shot and has shot a couple times by herself. My wife is not too big on pink (except the singer, her fave).

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my wife her first bow in Feb 2013. The Diamond Infinate Edge. 13-30" draw and 05-70 Lbs all without a press. Super quite and tons of speed. $349 at Bass Pro fully loaded all she needed was arrows and a release. After 2 weeks she shot in her first 3-D shoot and did great. She started at 35 lbs but has now increase to 40 lbs and loves it. Heck i would like to have one for myself!

·
SMH
1,947 Posts
The Chaos is good but the Ruckus and Infinite are also good choices. For sure start her out with a bow at 3lbs or under. I got my wife a pink Chaos and she likes it but I'm not thrilled with the strings and it only it dials down to 30lbs with the single cam. I got her into archery with a Diamond Edge and it worked pretty good except for no back wall - if the Infinite has a back wall, it sounds like a winner. Good luck.

Oh, BTW, don't make it an issue if she accepts shooting tips and advice from others more than she takes advice from you. It's taken me three years to just be able to suggest tips in the right way with her. I'm writing it off as a woman thing and we still shoot together so it's all good now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts