1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your 2 cents worth

Which would you get and why would you get it

and if you are just going to trash hoyt just dont reply

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
i bought the trykon due to my size,im 5' 5",and i hunt 90 percent of the time from a tree stand so the shorter bow fit my needs and the way i hunt.The pro shop owner uses the xl,but hes about 6'1",and hunts from the ground.Just tryin to help you out,not sure how you hunt,by the way,i love this bow.The real issue i had was the grip was to big for my hand giving me an erratic shot every once in awhile,problem solved thou,sideplated work much better on these bows in my own opinion,biught mine from Bob Lamsbeth.Good luck with you decision.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My opnion

Trykon in 65% cams
Trykon XL in 85% cams

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
i had a similar problem last year ,i couldn't decide on an vtec or a vipertec,after much thought ,i got the vipertec ,for two reasons 1.the smaller size would allow me to manuever it through the wood easier in the morning (lots of brush) to get to my stand. 2.becauser it has a shorter ata it works better out of my stand(a summit viper) without hitting the upper bar.
if i were you i'd get the trykon,but then again it's all what feels better to you,i'm sure you'll be happy with either one! good luck!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
My opnion

Trykon in 65% cams
Trykon XL in 85% cams
I love my XL.....but from there its up to you

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Love my XL. I shoot a lot of 3-D and for that reason got the XL. I don't think the extra length will be a problem for hunting.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I hunt mostly form a treestand I am around 5' 8'' and shoot a 27 inch draw thanks for the oppions

and keep them coming

·
When's bow season start?
8,911 Posts
I shot both, fully expecting to like the XL better due to most of my previous bows having ATA of 40" or so.

Go figure! I liked the 33" Trykon much better. It is without a doubt the finest bow I've ever owned and I am really looking forward to the bow opener here on 9/15!

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
BDHUNTR said:
I shot both, fully expecting to like the XL better due to most of my previous bows having ATA of 40" or so.

Go figure! I liked the 33" Trykon much better. It is without a doubt the finest bow I've ever owned and I am really looking forward to the bow opener here on 9/15!
Similar for me except I went expecting to hate both -- due to the bad press of the bow from all the posters here at AT. Freaking wound up loving BOTH. I went w/ the 33 ATA with 65% let off. I liked the fact that it was lighter (both are heavy for their size) & the obvious factors of weilding a smaller ATA around in a woods and up a tree.

I genuinely love this bow.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Love my XL. I like a longer bow. I've never had a problem with a longer bow in a tree, it's only 3 inches longer and you get a more forgiving 7 1/2 in brace height. Shoot them both and see what you like.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I opted for the xl, with 65% letoff. but I have a 30" draw. I feel that a 33" ata bow is too short for me. I love this bow (actually both of them, I have two, 1 set up for hunting and the other set up for target.)

However with your 27" draw, the regular trykon would be the way to go imo.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so if I decide to go with the reg. trykon are they in 80% let off

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Hoyt Hunter said:
Yep, 80% it is. The Trykon is an awesome bow! I've never owned a rig that felt so good to me, I can't wait to have the chace to deer hunt with it. You'll love the machine.

·
Extreme Opinionated One
44,331 Posts
Hoyt Hunter said:
It's your choice. You can get either 65% or 80% letoff in a Trykon. The average one in the stores is probably gonna be a 80%. If you want 65% you might have to order it. I like mine in 65% because it's about 7-8 fps faster than the 80% and it draws ALOT smoother. I bought mine in 80% originally and switched it over. I hated the way the 80% cam just dumped right at the end of the draw.

·
Registered
135 Posts
65% ....

Couldn't agree with P-Master more... I am your exact size and draw length and felt that the 80% was real harsh JUST prior to full draw.. Definately try 65% before you commit. As far as length ...I think 33" is just fine..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The XL is for longer armed people, Trykon is for regular people!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I got the XL, because I'm a bigger fellow. However, I still needed to get a dolly to haul that thing around..........it's heavy! The 80% also dropped off a little to harsh for me. Kinda reminded me of some of the early Pearson High-Letoff bows. So...........I went to shooting Ultra's.......with Spiral cams.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
well if u like the shorter bows go with the trykon, if u like a little bit longer bow go with the xl, personally i have shot both and just by feel i would pick the trykon it is so light and small.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I shot both and liked both, but I bought the xl because I always had longer bows and felt more comfortable...:)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts