Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what it is about my Trykon, but some days it seems to shoot pretty well, and others the arrows are all over the place. When I first got it it shot the lights out, after a few months the arrows started flying all over the place. I brought it to the local shop and had it tuned, and it helped somewhat, but it's still nowhere near as good as it should be.

The thing I'm wondering about is the string, I thought I remembered people mentioning that the poor factory strings would cause the bad arrow flight/bad tuning. I probably have 3-4000 shots on it and the bottom serving is looking pretty bad, and it's needing a replacement. I guess what I am asking is whether or not I'll have an easier time tuning with a new string? I've been thinking about selling it, but I'm having a hard time when I know it used to shoot so well and know that a new string my solve my problems.

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
Get some new strings and cables put on that machine, you'll be glad you did....:thumb:
Mine is one of the best shooting bows I've ever owned.....:wink:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you ever have problems with the factory strings?

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
The Fuse strings on the Trykons in '06 were junk.
I replaced mine immediately with a set from Mike at H&M.
This bow is a deadly accurate, and sweet shooter.
Give Mike a shout, he can fix you up with a great string/cable set at a really great price. Make that Trykon of yours shoot the lights out,,,,,,,,,,AGAIN.

Ted

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
Did you ever have problems with the factory strings?
Stretched like a rubber band (mine was an '06....first year they came out).

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Get some new strings and cables put on that machine, you'll be glad you did....:thumb:
Mine is one of the best shooting bows I've ever owned.....:wink:
X2

I put Vapor Trails on mine...the fixed yoke in the cables made a huge difference in tuning. Now I am shooting bullet holes in paper.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts