Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I acknowledge that I am a @&#! for owning both, but I like to have two bows - one set up for elk and mule deer, and the other for whitetail. So, since elk season was first, all I have been shooting is my Trykon. After my (unsuccessful) elk hunt was over I got out the Allegiance to get it ready for whitetail season (Sept 30). I had not shot the Allegiance until today. I must say, I found the Allegiance to be much more enjoyable to shoot, and much easier. My groups were so much better than with the Trykon. I shot for much longer with the Allegiance than I ever did with the Trykon and never felt fatigued. Compared to the Allegiance, I didn't realize how hard I was having to work to shoot the Trykon. The Trykon is set at 68 lbs and the Allegiance is at 71 lbs. I am shooting AC Superslims with the Trykon (over 400 grains). With the Allegiance, I am shooting 350 grain Carbon Tech Cheetahs. I plan to keep shooting the Trykon. It is still a great bow. But, comparatively speaking, I like the Allegiance better.
I just thought I'd share this with anyone considering these bows.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
thanks for the honest comparison

Thanks for sharing...

These are two bows that I'm actually considering in the near future...I was already leaning towards the allegiance but I hadn't gotten to shoot one yet.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The Trykon and Allegiance are both compound bows, but beyond that they are nothing alike. They are two totally different animals. Both are great bows, but to each his own. I wouldn't mind owning both either.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
HotShot88 said:
The Trykon and Allegiance are both compound bows, but beyond that they are nothing alike. They are two totally different animals. Both are great bows, but to each his own. I wouldn't mind owning both either.

For sure. I shot both when I was shopping, and had just about the exact opposite experience as AZFDaddy. Both great bows, the trykon just shoots better in MY hands. :darkbeer: I will definetely shoot whatever bowtech has to offer when it's time to buy my next bow.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You MUST set up and properly tune the Trykon before you compare it's groups to ANYTHING, or ANY other bow.
Hoyt leaves EVERYTHING up to the dealers, and they do not usually send out bows that are anywhere near to being tuned.
If your cams are not timed and sync'd, you will not shoot as good a group as the bow will allow you to.
I have my Trykon shooting with arrows touching out to 40yds, and well within a 4" circle at 50. Have not shot at 60 yet.
Also, my buss cable has stretched a little more and my groups haven't changed, but IF it stretches a lot, the groups will open up.
My point is that you MUST get the cams set up and THEN compare it's groups... You probably already knew this, just thought I'd mention..

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Allegiance vs. Trykon

I, too, have owned both...and found that while both were super bows, I liked the Allegiance much better. Perhaps it was a timing issue on the Hoyt (don't think so, but maybe), or the fact that the dealer didn't tell me about an optional draw stop (spongy wall without it...hate that), or maybe it was just the operator. All the way around, the Bowtech just felt/shot/grouped better for me.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
AZ&F'sDaddy said:
I must say, I found the Allegiance to be much more enjoyable to shoot, and much easier. My groups were so much better than with the Trykon. I shot for much longer with the Allegiance than I ever did with the Trykon and never felt fatigued. Compared to the Allegiance, I didn't realize how hard I was having to work to shoot the Trykon.I plan to keep shooting the Trykon. It is still a great bow. But, comparatively speaking, I like the Allegiance better.
This makes no sense whatsoever. None. You like the Allegiance better. You shoot it better. You can shoot it longer without fatigue. You enjoy shooting it more, but you plan to keep shooting the Trykon? Why? I realize the appropriate answer is "because you can", but I`m serious when I ask why? If I liked the Allegiance that much, I would get rid of the Trykon, and just use the heavier arrows for elk, and mule deer.

·
Registered
17,796 Posts
my cousin is a die hard hoyt shooter,however after drawing a trykon he picked up an allegience and bought it instead. he did not like the harsh draw cycle of the trykon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts