Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think about trykons? It seems that there are lots and lots of them out there, but I keep reading posts from people who aren't real happy with them. Are there happy trykon owners out there? I shot my buddies a while ago, and it seemed real nice, but I wanted to find what other people here thought of them. Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have a Trykon XL and really like it. It shoots well for me, is super quiet and almost completely vibration free at the shot.

While the cams take a little bit of getting used to (the 80% ones really drop hard into the valley) after your first week, you will not even notice.

If I were to change one thing about my bow, it would be the weight.
Fully dressed with a full 6 arrow quiver, my XL weighs in at 7.5 pounds, which is over a full pound heavier than my Razortec with similar accessories.

My guess would be that some people have had issues with the weight and may be dumping them for a lighter bow.

If I were to be looking for a new bow at this point and time, I would buy the Trykon XL again in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
302 Posts
ive shot a trykon xl and i liked it a whole lot and am getting one as soon as i get some money the only thing is its probably gona take me a week to get used to the draw cycle.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have no complaints. I do like the 60% let off better then the 80% let off. It feels smoother on the drawing of the bow. My opinon.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Trykon

I like my Trykon a lot. I have this little buzz at the e-clips that I can't sean to get out. But if somebody is next to me they don't hear it. The bow shoots good and stable. I do like the looks of the TEC riser.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I really like mine. I have been shooting it for the past few days and it by far the best bow I have ever owned. Yes I have had the mathews, bowtech, pse, and everything in between and it outdoes them all. You will not be dissatisfied with the bow. I have the XT 30" and 70# and LOVE IT!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I shoot a bowetech but I know several people who own the trykons and they love them I have shot the trykon a few times and it is a nice bow

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I have the Trykon XL in 65% letoff and I really like it . Now the people that say they dont like the way they draw are problably drawing the one with 80% letoff. I have never liked the high letoff on any bow simply because of the way they dropoff so suddenly. So for me it is the 65 letoff or nothing. THey draw smooth through the whole cycle and if you have to letdown it doesnt feel like it is going to rip it out of your hand and shoulders. I also like the heavier mass weight of the bow myself . It slows down my drive by shooting.:eek:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I too love the bow, and I honestly think the 80% cams feel good too. I have yet to try the 65% cams out though, but I will be doing that soon, just to see what they feel like.
I haven't tried them out yet, as I have been worrying that the move from 80% to 65%, might cost me a GOOD bit of time, with regards to how long I can hold the bow back.
Can someone tell me if it is a DRASTIC difference? I've done the math, and on paper, it seems it is going to be a BIG difference, and it seems that I'm REALLY going to feel a lot more weight to be holding back.
Someone give me some input, and try to sway me into trying the 65% cams out. I sure as heck would like to, but I don't want to NOT be able to hold the bow back for very long in the cold weather, with a buck in front of me.
Someone give me some input, and try to provoke me into doing something here! LOL!

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
I've enjoyed mine. Great bow. Smooth draw and the valley is superb for hunting situations......you can hold it all day long. :) The bashing is usually from guys that had their mind made up before touching a Trykon, or my favorites....the ones that never picked one up. :confused: I've only heard of ONE guy on the forums that had a Trykon blow up after the string failed. He'll probably show up on this thread. :rolleyes:

It's all good though. Hoyt has a winner with the Trykon. Any of Hoyt's bows are top shelf quality, something other manufacturers can only shoot for. :)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Well, I loved my Vtec and I sold that to buy the Trykon and I'm not regretting it one bit. I can't really put my finger on one specific reason though. It's just an all around better feeling and shooting bow to me.

After having it "Crackerized" it feels even sweeter:wink:

·
Registered
79 Posts
trykon

Been a die hard hoyt shooter for 8+ years this year i figured I would do my normal and go buy a trykon, then I shot a trykon (32 ata) and couldn't get comfortable with it tryed 80% let off and 65% then I tryed the trykon XL and IMO the XL was 2x the bow the 32 ata one was to shoot. The thing I disliked about both was the cam set up, I didnt like the valley at all and dont think after a week I could even remotely learn to. I was so disapointed I started looking at old hoyt single cam bows the redline cam and versa on the old havoc's and couldnt find either. I went back to my local shot had decided I would make do with a trykon XL and one of the younger guys there suggested I try a bowtech allegience or a tribute( me being diehard hoyt kind of laughed about it like he couldnt be serious) but after 5 mins of razzing I shot an allegience and told them nice bow but its to long so he drops the tribute in my hands. I shot the tribute and stood there a min and couldnt find anything wrong with it sept it didnt have HOYT on it so I ended up with a tribute. I will shoot a hoyt again as soon as my son ( whom is named Hoyt) is big enough to shoot a sellena or rentec, but until then he will shoot his rascal and me my tribute. If you do look into the trykons they are nice bows IMO the XL is a lot better bow then the reg. one aside fromt he valley and weight it was a great bow.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Use a light stabilizer guys, and the weight difference is almost gone. Close enough anyway. Also, the bow weight is not eve noticeable to me, once accessories are bolted on. Helps me hold steadier, and you would never know the bow is a tad on the heavy side, after shooting it a while.
The XL is indeed better, but that's just because I like 36" ATA bows.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
bigrackHack said:
Any of Hoyt's bows are top shelf quality, something other manufacturers can only shoot for. :)
Got 4 Hoyt's in my house with the oldest being my '02 Ultratec hunting bow. As we speak, my $1064 '06 Ultraelite target bow is back at Hoyt because of a maching problem with the riser....and you don't even want to here about the problems I had with the bow when it was recieved in the spring. My opinion of Hoyt's Quality Control program has dropped off the face of the Earth with my Ultraelite.

My .02

·
Registered
667 Posts
weight?

What's with everyone on the weight of a Trykon? It's mere ounces! Most guys add stabilizers (WEIGHT) to their bow anyway. If you truly give the Trykon a chance and are shooting a bow that fits you then I don't see how you couldn't like this bow.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Tuningfreak said:
Got 4 Hoyt's in my house with the oldest being my '02 Ultratec hunting bow. As we speak, my $1064 '06 Ultraelite target bow is back at Hoyt because of a maching problem with the riser....and you don't even want to here about the problems I had with the bow when it was recieved in the spring. My opinion of Hoyt's Quality Control program has dropped off the face of the Earth with my Ultraelite.

My .02
All bow brands are going to have problems at some point. I've owned several Hoyts and have yet to have a problem with any of them. Bowtechs limbs for example. I'm sure it was just an isolated problem and has been or will be taken care of. When you get as high tech as these companies are you have to take the good with the bad.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Buck N Rut said:
All bow brands are going to have problems at some point. I've owned several Hoyts and have yet to have a problem with any of them. Bowtechs limbs for example. I'm sure it was just an isolated problem and has been or will be taken care of. When you get as high tech as these companies are you have to take the good with the bad.
Maybe, however....for a company the size of Hoyt, and for them to be ISO certified(I'm told)....and the multiple problems I've had with my bow....well it was an eye opener for me as to how poor there QC really is. I've learned a LOT about Hoyt and quite frankly, I hope the other big bow manufacturers run a tighter ship.....but then, I never believed in Lemons until I bought a new '91 Chevy K1500. I was a believer in lemons in less than 2 years after THAT truck. I learned a lesson then too....no more Chevy trucks here!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts