Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this head available yet? I did a couple of quick searches and didn't find anything.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Team #9
8,779 Posts
glad they did not rush getting it out on the market ..I hope when it does
its well tested ..big fan of the Trypan for whitetails

·
Registered
378 Posts
When you go to their website Feradyne there is no option to add it to your shopping cart. So I will go with, No. It is not available yet. You can put it on your wish list....

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Anyone finding these available yet?
with the way Feradyne has been going i wouldn't be surprised if they arent out until next year. terrible organization to try and deal with.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Try GSM (Hawk, Muddy, StealthCam) and see what you think about service. It’s unbelievable what companies get away with and continue to make money.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Wonder why they have all their other heads converted to NC, but not these yet? Makes no sense. Maybe they’re going to wait until closer to season.

·
Registered
Pse Mach 1
4,746 Posts
I love the spec on this head and def want to try some but don’t like trying heads right before season I hope they come out soon

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
I love the spec on this head and def want to try some but don’t like trying heads right before season I hope they come out soon
What do you mean by “trying” them? It’s a Rage, it will be just like all the other ones. Screw on and go. They’re just changing the Trypan to NC like they’ve already done their other heads. (Which i believe is one of the best advancements in archery over the last couple years)

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
What do you mean by “trying” them? It’s a Rage, it will be just like all the other ones. Screw on and go. They’re just changing the Trypan to NC like they’ve already done their other heads. (Which i believe is one of the best advancements in archery over the last couple years)
So you think rage going to no collar is an advancement when their are other heads with no collar for many years before rage went to it. Rage is just following other companies it maybe a, great advancement for rage but not for mech heads.

As, for trying them out I guess I'm the one that always shoots the new heads I get before I screw them on and go hunt. I personally think the hypo NC is worse then the og hypo.

I do hope the trypan NC is as good or better then the og model as the trypan og is the best rage head imo.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
So you think rage going to no collar is an advancement when their are other heads with no collar for many years before rage went to it. Rage is just following other companies it maybe a, great advancement for rage but not for mech heads.

As, for trying them out I guess I'm the one that always shoots the new heads I get before I screw them on and go hunt. I personally think the hypo NC is worse then the og hypo.

I do hope the trypan NC is as good or better then the og model as the trypan og is the best rage head imo.
The other no collar heads are garbage. So Rage going there is definitely an advancement. Huge one for me.

i found the NC and regular Hypo to be near identical besides looks. I took my fair share with both...

What test are you going to do besides shoot them into foam? Which will show you absolutely nothing.

·
Registered
17,603 Posts
The other no collar heads are garbage. So Rage going there is definitely an advancement. Huge one for me.

i found the NC and regular Hypo to be near identical besides looks. I took my fair share with both...

What test are you going to do besides shoot them into foam? Which will show you absolutely nothing.
Nap killlzone for one is and was better then rage imo and been around maybe 10 years (well besides now, they are made overseas they lack some details) I personally have killed over 10 deer with rages(also 40+ with killlzone) and personal think they all are terrible besides the trypan.

The hypo looks different but they have weaker blades that break before bending and I believe they are made with different material. Plus they rattled way more then the og hypo.

As for testing make sure they spin correctly, weigh them for differences, then shoot them thru gel and tile to see where they bend (since they are supposed to bend not break) then I'll shoot them into a, blob 30 times and see if they hold up and if the NC system keeps the blades held and shoot them. The hypo NC after 11 shots in a, blob they would open in flight also If they rattle like my hypo NC did they won't get put on arrow in first place and ill use the 4 packs of og trypan I have. Just cause it say shoots like a field tip on package doesn't mean it's true, but a lot of ppl read that and screw them on and hunt. Yes, mech fly better even with a little wobble then fixed do but they still have some mech heads that wobble more then other heads.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Nap killlzone for one is and was better then rage imo and been around maybe 10 years (well besides now, they are made overseas they lack some details) I personally have killed over 10 deer with rages(also 40+ with killlzone) and personal think they all are terrible besides the trypan.

The hypo looks different but they have weaker blades that break before bending and I believe they are made with different material. Plus they rattled way more then the og hypo.

As for testing make sure they spin correctly, weigh them for differences, then shoot them thru gel and tile to see where they bend (since they are supposed to bend not break) then I'll shoot them into a, blob 30 times and see if they hold up and if the NC system keeps the blades held and shoot them. The hypo NC after 11 shots in a, blob they would open in flight also If they rattle like my hypo NC did they won't get put on arrow in first place and ill use the 4 packs of og trypan I have. Just cause it say shoots like a field tip on package doesn't mean it's true, but a lot of ppl read that and screw them on and hunt. Yes, mech fly better even with a little wobble then fixed do but they still have some mech heads that wobble more then other heads.
For me, Killzones would rank as one of the worst heads i’ve used. They were energy robbers. Blades were way too hard and prone to snapping. I’ve killed a ton with Rage’s. All of their styles. They’ve all been relatively the same. In the last 2 season’s alone i’ve taken 11 deer with rages. (No idea how many total) 3 being NC and didn’t notice a difference besides the convenience of no collars. I don’t recall breaking blades on any Rage, but have bent them.

How long does it take for you to check for spin? I can check spin and weight difference of a pack in about 5 minutes. I don’t plan to shoot any head 11 times to know it failed on that 11th shot. Sounds like all your tests are going to be done in one day. Are you going to shoot every head you send at a deer 30 times before you shoot the deer?

at the end of the day, they’re just Rage’s.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts