Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you nock your arrow cock vane up, down or in between? I've been playing with my setup because I have a light contact issue on the left side of the rest (right hand shooter). Some of the coating is wearing off. If I nock my arrow cock vane down, it looks like its hitting the launcher, and I need to rotate the arrow slightly to clear my down cable.

I've measured the vanes and the inside of the rest and I appear to have plenty of clearance. I've had the rest checked out by my pro shop--its alignment with the bow is correct and it paper tuned well.

Do I need to replace my Blazers? Any ideas? :darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
i use the predator vanes with the cock up. I was told on the phone with the blazers to try and put your cock vane at about 11 oclock and that was the best they had found but that the blazers will clear at that position. the predators clear fine with the vane up.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I've been playing with my set up as well. Blazers and TT extreme. I put lipstick on the vanes to see if they are making contact. With nock vane down or up I have problems with vane hitting riser of my drenalin. I'm left handed. I put nock vane out and seem to have good clearance. that said I,My arrow did something funny the other day. It made contact somewhere. If I had to guess i'd say it hit the launcher rope. :confused:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
So far

all is good and I have no contact. I sprayed foot powder on both TT FC's and have nothing hitting anywhere. I shoot cock vane up with Blazers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts