Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, still new to archery and this may be dumb a question(s), but here I go...
What is the definition of a tunable nock?
Press fit?
Are tunable nocks limited to carbon arrows?
Do you ever glue a nock in?

I have an older fletching jig and the slot for the nock is not lined up with the cock vane. Is it ok to turn the nock after fletching to line up the cock vane or is it not recommeded because it may loosen the nock?
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

R
Willie

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I believe that tunable nocks are ones that aren't glued in place. I have aluminum easton super slams and superslam selects and you can easily rotate the nocks by putting it on the string and twisting.They make a little plastic tool to do this with and it is probably better than using the string. The reason for the tunable nocks is so you can fine tune vane alignment if you have clearance problems. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The term "tunable" is usually applied to the Easton Super Nock and the similar design knock offs. Prior to that, we used tapered cone knocks that were usually cemented in place. It's a catch all term that means that you easily turn the nock to suit your preference. I've never had to glue an Easton Super, or G, to keep it in place. Easton does state that you can use rubber cement if the nocks turn too easily. You cannot use solvent based glues to do this.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
P.S....On aluminum shafts with the serrated tapered cone, you do not have to use cement to hold the nocks. Pressing by hand is usually enough to keep these in place. Shooting snugs them up even more. They can also be turned, and reseated like the tunables.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts