Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.
Picking up the new bow and am wondering if I should install the Anchor Site right off the bat or should I tune the bow first ?
I'm thinking if I install initially I may be incorporating more complications and things to deal with.
I've read where some will shoot their bows for quite awhile before installing the Anchor Site to establish good shooting form and anchor points , then put it on.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I would shoot/tune first. That said, beyond 20 yards or so you might find consistancy difficult without some anchor reference. And you can only tune as well as shoot, and shoot as well as tune. Find a comfortable/repeatable anchor, set the anchor sight, and go from there.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I might add, shoot enough at 20 yards to feel comfy with YOUR anchor. You can rough the sight and rest to get arrows comming off good, and grouping good at 20. Set The AS and walk-back, or french tune, or group tune, what ever works for you.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Yup I have an AS on one bow and a couple of no-peeps on the others. I am a fan of both.:) Setting it to YOUR anchor is the biggest thing. If you shoot enough without one to be comfy and consistant, it mearly becomes a verification of anchor for you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do you have yours mounted ?
I'm thinking on the front side of the riser.
I have a bowmaster portable press , and I've read that if the site is mounted on the back of the riser it will interfere.
Guess I'll play around when I get it.

Thanks.

·
USMC
272 Posts
This is what I got from Archery Innovations when I purchased my Anchor Sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I got from Archery Innovations when I purchased my Anchor Sight.
Thanks for that. Any and all info helps.
Was your bow new or used when you installed it ?
Mine will be new , so I think I need to ensure the bow is in tune before I monkey around with the anchor site.

·
USMC
272 Posts
I have own my bow for a couple years now but i had just put a new string on and hadn't finished tuning it. I tuned the bow first and my anchor point was pretty consistent from shooting with a peep. I only tuned out to 20 yards before installing the anchor sight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts