Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it work?

I followed it step by step and when I got to where you set up your sight after centering your shaft I could not get it set .
My sight was out all the way to the left and I still was left of the center of target. I rechecked my center and I was 13/16th" from bow side to shaft center.
I moved the shaft center in to 3/4" and that put me on center of target but now I do not have my center shot that I was after.

I am shooting acc 3-18 cut to 30" long w/ a draw weight of 50lbs. hold weight of 21lbs. 100 grain points

Next problem I had was when I moved my arrow over for final set I had to lighten my berger button (plunger) as light as possible in order to get it back to center of target. I am not sure if this is correct I would of thought I would of had a little more adjustability. please help.

·
Registered
5,584 Posts
Set center shot so right edge of arrow tip is even with the left edge of the string when the string is centered wth bow, for RH shooter.

·
(aka lug nut)
49,914 Posts
Does it work?

I followed it step by step and when I got to where you set up your sight after centering your shaft I could not get it set .
My sight was out all the way to the left and I still was left of the center of target. I rechecked my center and I was 13/16th" from bow side to shaft center.
I moved the shaft center in to 3/4" and that put me on center of target but now I do not have my center shot that I was after.

I am shooting acc 3-18 cut to 30" long w/ a draw weight of 50lbs. hold weight of 21lbs. 100 grain points

Next problem I had was when I moved my arrow over for final set I had to lighten my berger button (plunger) as light as possible in order to get it back to center of target. I am not sure if this is correct I would of thought I would of had a little more adjustability. please help.
1) pull the spring from your plunger

2) cut a strip of paper so the width of the paper matches the length of the spring
....if the spring is 1-inch long, cut a strip of paper 1-inch wide
....roll the strip of paper into a LOG and insert inside the plunger....this acts like a ROCK SOLID spring inside your plunger
....this makes your plunger tip ROCK HARD

3) re-install your plunger with the rolled up PAPER LOG inside.

4) set your center shot to whatever you like

5) fire a fletched arrow at a bullseye at 20 yards

6) fire at LEAST 2 BARESHAFTS

7) if the bareshafts miss LEFT of the fletched arrows, INCREASE draw weight
....if the bareshafts miss RIGHT of the fletched arrows, DECREASE draw weight
....keep tweaking draw weight until you bareshafts HIT with the fletched arrows

adjust point weight, if needed, to get the bareshafts to hit with fletched arrows.

Bareshafts missing LEFT of the fletched? INCREASE point weight.
Bareshafts missing RIGHT of the fletched...DECREASE point weight.

keep working the draw weight and point weight,
until you get BARESHAFTS hitting with FLETCHED at 20 yards.

ONLY AFTER you get the draw weight correct...

then,
put the spring back into the plunger, with a medium setting.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I had to take a half turn off my limb bolts to get it to tune properly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts