Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me when you have a 70 lb bow and you want to measure ATA and BH should you set the bow at 70lbs before taking this measurement ? And does it have to be dead on to factory specs ? Working on Hoyt Spyder Turbo 70lbs 28dl cam 2.1 set on E. Appreciate the input !

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
Can anyone tell me when you have a 70 lb bow and you want to measure ATA and BH should you set the bow at 70lbs before taking this measurement ? And does it have to be dead on to factory specs ? Working on Hoyt Spyder Turbo 70lbs 28dl cam 2.1 set on E. Appreciate the input !
Send a PM to Ontarget7. Shane will help you out.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Max out the limb bolts when taking measurements, and no, it doesn't have to match the tune charts exactly. It rarely will. As long as DW and DL are right, thats what you should be concerned with, while using the ATA, BH as guidelines along the way.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Its been my experiance that ATA measurements should be taken when the bow is at its max setting.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hoyt considers anything within a quarter inch to be in spec. That being said, you should go to Hoyts page,click on the Customer service tab and go to the 2013 tuning charts and it will tell you where it should be for your cam and service module since they have different size cams for different draw length ranges. All 3 have different specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts