Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there is someone on AT that I could ship my bow to, have them time it, tune it, bare shaft tune and just make sure everything is right and me just pay them a fee?? Thanks in advance everyone. Want my bow good to go for a hog hunt this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Several will reply soon. I have personal experience with Wes van horn at FuryX archery, Matt at bearfoot archery and Tony at bowfitters. .use the search function on here. All are excellent as will be most others on hear

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys. I've heard great things of Shane but I saw he was at Vegas.

·
THWACK!!!!
9,757 Posts
Quite a few great tuners on here that I wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Lots of good bow techs on AT, but you need to be present for bareshaft tuning. BTW.....all you need is a little string stretch or something, and that tuning is gone. Learn to do it yourself and your bow will always be tuned.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
If you're looking to send one out, I would vote for Shane (ontarget7) He really seems like he enjoys what he's doing and would work on it as if it was his own.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lots of good bow techs on AT, but you need to be present for bareshaft tuning. BTW.....all you need is a little string stretch or something, and that tuning is gone. Learn to do it yourself and your bow will always be tuned.
I really wish I could tune it myself, but being a full time college student does not allow me the time, nor the funds to purchase a press. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
You need to be present!!!
Bare shaft tuning is as much tuning you, your form, and especially grip as it is the bow!!! Don't let anyone fool you on that. Take the same bow and have 10 people shoot it and you will get 10 different points of impact. If you personally are not tuned then your bow will not bare shaft for you. It's the Indian

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
You need to be present!!!
Bare shaft tuning is as much tuning you, your form, and especially grip as it is the bow!!! Don't let anyone fool you on that. Take the same bow and have 10 people shoot it and you will get 10 different points of impact. If you personally are not tuned then your bow will not bare shaft for you. It's the Indian

A complete misconception
All it takes is a little communication

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
A complete misconception

What do you mean communication? Are you talking tuning the bow the way the person shoots or are you talking about trying to tune the person to how the bow shoots?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
You can get a person bareshaft tuned without being there. You can tune the bow and get into spec put new strings on and send it back to the person. As long as said person is willing and able, you can walk him through the necessary steps to get him through some minor tweaks. The person does not have to be present although it is ideal.

That's the cool thing about smart phones easy to send pics and texts back and forth to get the customer tuned.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
A complete misconception

Absolutely no misconception at all, each person induces their own torque into a bow on many factors down to even the release they are using. To say other wise is a misconception!

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
It is a complete misconception for those to think you can have excellent bareshaft results with any old grip and the reason why open communication is key.

Just because some can't do this does not mean it can't be done. I do it on a daily basis with very good results.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I have been shooting for 27yrs and have a style I'm comfortable with and can be repeated. There is absolutely no way in hell I'm changing me or my personal routine to fit a bow somebody else setup for me. It would feel unnatural and just be stupid in my opinion. Everyone has there own personal style they are comfortable with.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
You just shot Vegas in the pro class and I guarantee there was not a hand full of guys standing on that line shooting that was doing everything the same way. There is no way you could have supertined all there bows the same way and they could have all done as good as they did!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
It is a complete misconception for those to think you can have excellent bareshaft results with any old grip and the reason why open communication is key.

Just because some can't do this does not mean it can't be done. I do it on a daily basis with very good results.

Not saying your not doing a great job on these bows, I belive that you are. But there's nothing that can be done that can fully replicate the shooter in person. The bow needs to be set to the shooter, setting a shooter to the bow is not an answer.

·
Registered
24,973 Posts
Not saying your not doing a great job on these bows, I belive that you are. But there's nothing that can be done that can fully replicate the shooter in person. The bow needs to be set to the shooter, setting a shooter to the bow is not an answer.

Again, just because you can't do it does not mean it can't be done. I have had a whole lot of guys that could never shoot bareshafts before and are doing so today. The majority of them I have never had a one on one consultation.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts