Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a PSE Perform X and I'm shooting 46lbs draw length is 32 inches. For indoors I have been shooting a 2712'2 cut to 32 inches with 4-4inch feathers with 325 grain tip. I have been averaging 52 -53 x's on a 5 spot game. I was thinking of doing some summer time playing with tip weights to see if i get a little more forgiveness. I have seen the Top Hat has the DWAC system and was wondering if taking the tip weight up would help with forgiveness, how much for each jump up? I have some 250, 275, and 300 solid tips coming in to try stiffing it up but I figure that won't help, but I have to try. Has anyone done this and what was your results?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I was shooting 2315"s at 31'' with 200 up front, 29'' draw 315 ibo bow at 51 lbs, i switched to 100 up front ( this should have made it too stiff ) night and day difference. the 100s made at least a 5x difference if thats the way you could quantify it. On my 2712"s i have them at 32'', with 300 up front i"m going to try 130 up front . that should bring similar to my 2315"s but haven't got there yet. i don't think you will see a big difference with the 25 grain spread it equals about 3 pounds of draw weight on the bow.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I have some 250, 275, and 300 solid tips coming in to try stiffing it up but I figure that won't help, but I have to try. Has anyone done this and what was your results?
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you wrote, adding weight to the front weakens spine whereas adding weight to the back stiffens.

Increasing FoC will add forgiveness resulting in better accuracy. How much depends on the Archer. If you're already very good you may not notice. If yyou really bad, it's not going to make you a pro. Definitely worth experimenting with though.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I was shooting 2315"s at 31'' with 200 up front, 29'' draw 315 ibo bow at 51 lbs, i switched to 100 up front ( this should have made it too stiff ) night and day difference. the 100s made at least a 5x difference if thats the way you could quantify it. On my 2712"s i have them at 32'', with 300 up front i"m going to try 130 up front . that should bring similar to my 2315"s but haven't got there yet. i don't think you will see a big difference with the 25 grain spread it equals about 3 pounds of draw weight on the bow.
If removing weight helped based on your specific numbers you may have simply masked a tuning issue.

·
Registered
18,984 Posts
Butcher,
With your long DL did you cut any off your arrows? If so I would try leaving them longer to weaken spine & add weight to front & see if that helps at all.
If you are shooting 53 X's I don't think it is a tuning problem as much as a mental lapse problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts