Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

I know that this has been talked about before but I need too inquire about some info. I just put the SM strings on last night and all my measurements are off. I'm wondering where I can find info on where to start to be able bring my bow back into specifications. So an issue like the brace height being off, where do I start to get that back in to spec.? Please, if anybody knows of a writeup or URL that I can get my hands on that would be great.

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
732 Posts
bikehike said:
Good Morning,

I know that this has been talked about before but I need too inquire about some info. I just put the SM strings on last night and all my measurements are off. I'm wondering where I can find info on where to start to be able bring my bow back into specifications. So an issue like the brace height being off, where do I start to get that back in to spec.? Please, if anybody knows of a writeup or URL that I can get my hands on that would be great.

Thanks

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
49,235 Posts
Sounds like you should look for a pro shop. It is not as simple as slaping a string and cables on and going. You really need to know what you are doing. Are you even sure you have the right stuff.;)

·
Registered
774 Posts
Archers helping Arhers, ain't that right weezy?

Taking all the time to copy and paste and even upload a pic, just to help fellow archer, I commend you for that effort;)

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
Maybe this will help. I assume you changed things yourself and have the measurements before you changed the rigging. If so, then put the old string back on the bow, or the cable, whichever you prefer. Set the bow up to the old measurementsd and go shoot it. Shoot enough to get most of the stretch out of the new rigging. Once this is done then put the other new piece on (cable or string, whichever is left.) Set the measurements again and go shot this piece in. The once you're though the breakin point then set the bow measurements where you want them and tune from there.

To make it short. Change one thing at a time and shoot it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts