Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a quick question when it comes to tuning a drop away rest. I watched this video ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZK7O_s1Rq8&feature=related and it is interesting. I'm wondering for those of you that shoot with a drop away rest, how high is your knocking point? With a drop away should it still be an 1/8" or are people putting the arrow even with the rest? Just trying to get some feedback on this subject since many of us don't have access to a slow motion camera to see what our bows are doing. Thanks

Pat

· Shootin and Cussin
27,286 Posts
My bow tunes with the arrow sitting dead level with the rest in it's up position.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Depends on the bow design as to high. But I've found most tune nock high without drawing it. Once the bow is at full draw it will be level.
Do you recommend nock high even with a short axle to axle length like the z7 Extreme? I'm not sure how that would effect where you would place the knock if at all.

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
1/8" high for all mine.

· ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
You can expect the Z7 to run roughly 1/4" - 3/8" high nockpoint with a standard drop away rest depending on arrow spine. The bow wants less spine than you think.

-Adam

· Registered
3,544 Posts
Single cam bows tend to be 1/8" to 1/4" nock high. You'll notice downward nock travel when the bow comes to full draw and the arrow levels out.

Binary and dual cam bows tend to be 0" to 1/8" nock high, mostly. Just have to make sure the cams are timed at full draw before you start setting your nock height, otherwise you'll see substantial nock travel while drawing the bow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.