Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently tuning my new Bowtech 101st and I am having to do opposite of what Eastman says. Does that mean something is wrong?

I will give you some background. I have a Bowtech 101st. I am shooting a 30 inch draw at 70 pounds. I am using Goldtip 7595 arrows with a 100 gr tip. I am using the NAP quicktune 360 rest. I am also using a D-loop with a scott release. I have been shooting for 14 years so I have some bad habbits, but I know to look for them.

I was paper tuning my 101st for the first time a couple of days ago and I consistently got a 1 1/2 inch tear up and left. I followed all the recommended adjustments in the Eastmans tuning guide and I could not get it better. It only got worse. So I decided to bare shaft tune the bow. At 20 yards, the bare shafts were hitting 8 inches right and 8 inches low. This meant I had two problems. The manual said to adjust the up/down first and then side to side. It said to move my nock down. I did and it made the bare shaft even further away. So I kept playing with it and it turned out I had to move the nock up to make the arrow go up. To get them to group together at 20 yards, I had to move my nock from 1/8" above center to 3/8" above center. The left and right worked according to the manual.

My main questions are:

Why did I have to go opposite to the manual? Does that mean there is something else wrong?

Is 3/8" above center too high for a nock point?

· Back Yard Champion
35,903 Posts
With 3/8" high string nock there is the possibility that your bow is not tuned correctly - cam rotation, sync, timing. A lot of today's bows are closer to zero nock height.

· Registered
444 Posts
I would try to start over and set everything dead center and dead square and see what happens and start from scatch, but thats just me,

I would not feel comfortable shooting 3/8" high knock,sometimes the arrow can hit the rest and counter whip the opposite of where it would have whipped if it hadnt have hit,or maybe the bow is not in time or you may have some bad paired limbs,and the list goes on and on without putting my hands on the bow,Good luck and i`ll check back with you later.

· Registered
444 Posts
Maybe check the prebend of each limb with a sqare or strait edge?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.