Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty new to archery, I just got my first bow this summer. It's a Bowtech Destroyer 340. I have an HHA single pin slider sight on it.

I've been shooting it when I can, and the sight seems to be zeroed in, for me. Taking into account I'm new to this and hardly an expert shot, from 25 yards in I'm usually around the center of the target. Even out to 40 yards I can be around the bullseye, though I'm inconsistent enough I can let fly an errant shot too.

My dad was visiting recently, and he shot my bow, and it seemed like he was fairly consistently hitting to the right, and maybe a little down.

So, I was wondering, can the bow/sight/set up etc... be lined up and in tune for me, but not for him? What would cause that? I don't know what his draw length is, for instance, and if it's different than mine, but he was certainly using the same peep and sight I was, with the sight at the same yardage marks.

I'm wondering if the bow needs some tuning, even though when I shoot it I seem to be around the center of the targets. thanks...

·
Electified Archer
3,275 Posts
We all have different anchor points, or the way we hold a reliese. These differances can and do point of inpact of the arrow. As long as your consistant don't worry about it.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
Most common difference would be the grip. A slightly different style of hand placement will change POI substantially......especially on a bow as agressive as the Destroyers.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Everyone grips the bow different, has a different stance, has a different anchor point, puts a different amount of torque on the release & grip...It doesnt mean anything about the tune of the bow, everybody is different.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
Unless that bow is equipped with a Death Grip.
Now come on, you and I both know that's a steaming load of poop right there....Your grip isnt gonna make a bow shoot the exact same POI of impact for everybody. It might be a good product and help certain people in certain cases but it's not gonna do that. Alot more factors in it than the grip.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
The way a bow is gripped has been mentioned in all of the posts in this thread so far. If the problem is the grip the Death Grip will fix it period. So you can keep your steaming poop. Maybe put a little on your grip. It may help you in certain cases.

·
Placebo Power!
12,050 Posts
I haven't bought into the death grip either but that's some funny stuff right there..........

"maybe put a little on your grip......;):ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I'm pretty new to archery, I just got my first bow this summer. It's a Bowtech Destroyer 340. I have an HHA single pin slider sight on it.

I've been shooting it when I can, and the sight seems to be zeroed in, for me. Taking into account I'm new to this and hardly an expert shot, from 25 yards in I'm usually around the center of the target. Even out to 40 yards I can be around the bullseye, though I'm inconsistent enough I can let fly an errant shot too.

My dad was visiting recently, and he shot my bow, and it seemed like he was fairly consistently hitting to the right, and maybe a little down.

So, I was wondering, can the bow/sight/set up etc... be lined up and in tune for me, but not for him? What would cause that? I don't know what his draw length is, for instance, and if it's different than mine, but he was certainly using the same peep and sight I was, with the sight at the same yardage marks.

I'm wondering if the bow needs some tuning, even though when I shoot it I seem to be around the center of the targets. thanks...
Most everyone is different. No worries. It is better to have a tuned bow, but not the end of the world if it's not. First thing anyone can do is check is their specs. All you need is a tape measure. Second, how us your flight? Do your arrows fly well? I'll send you a PM.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
VanHandle I have no beef with you or your product and I agree your poop comeback was funny, lord knows I enjoy a good joke...But to make it sound like I can take my bow, tune it & sight it in for myself and then with just the simple addition of your grip it will allow anyone in the world to pick up my bow and shoot X's with it is a bit of a stretch...A torque free grip helps but there's still more to it than that and we both know it. I hope you sell a million of them and get rich doing it, but there's more to making a bow fit a person than that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts