Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems tuning this bow? I've read Shanes write up on it, and it worries me to think I would need to swap out shims from one side to another and disassemble the cam to get centershot correctly set.. Obviously if you have a press not such a big deal, but If I were to tell a shop to do this, I may get some crazy looks.. Question - has anyone bare shafted this etc, without flipping sides with shims and not having centershot stick out way to the left? Getting close to picking out a new bow, and how tuneanble the bow is (for me) is a big factor. I'm comfortable playing with yokes, but ya can't do that on the halon..

·
god is the only judge
2,080 Posts
Just like the monster series but mathews refuses to tweak riser for some unknown reason. I shot one and it felt good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I don't have one but have a HTR. No cam disassembly to change shims. Just slide the axle out and swap them. After shooting a while my dealer changed one shim. It took him 1 minute. 4000+ shot now, no issues. If you can yoke tune you can change shims.

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have one but have a HTR. No cam disassembly to change shims. Just slide the axle out and swap them. After shooting a while my dealer changed one shim. It took him 1 minute. 4000+ shot now, no issues. If you can yoke tune you can change shims.
You need a press for that?

So is it pretty much a guarantee it will need to done?

·
Sultan of Smack
5,744 Posts
You need a press to swap the top hat bushings, but it is a very quick and easy process. I think you are getting ahead of yourself, though. I've set up quite a few Halons and haven't had to swap any bushings.

SCFox

·
Banned
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need a press to swap the top hat bushings, but it is a very quick and easy process. I think you are getting ahead of yourself, though. I've set up quite a few Halons and haven't had to swap any bushings.

SCFox
Thanks, thats what I'm trying to figure out, weather or not it would need to be done on most/all bows unless you wanted your rest an inch and half out to the left...

Have you bare shafted and what is your centershot measured at ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts