Discussion Starter #1
Hello first some info

PSE Evolve 35
63#
28"
GT 22 PRo
120gn tip

I paper tuned bow at centershot 3/4 bullet Hole
walk back tuned and set sight tape out to 60yds good groups REST IS NOW UNDER 3/4
go back to paper, horrible nock right tear at 6/9' like 3" tear!
back up to 12 yds tear switches to nock left?

Bareshaft left of fletched
Am i correct in thinking I need to shim these cams to the right?

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
You gotta pick which poison you wanna take. Walk back, paper or bareshaft etc... I have bareshaft tuned myself and had good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You gotta pick which poison you wanna take. Walk back, paper or bareshaft etc... I have bareshaft tuned myself and had good results.

The confusing part is it is shooting good groups but has horrible arrow flight lol

·
Registered
11,772 Posts
I have not done much with shims I would have to read up on it. I use my yokes so don’t have to worry about shims. I am trying to sell my Podium and wanna get a evolve 35 so may have to deal with it soon ha! What are you doing with the bow just target?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its my 3d bow this year, but I will probably hunt with it next year I like it so much haha

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Did you check for fletching contact?

·
(aka lug nut)
48,288 Posts
The confusing part is it is shooting good groups but has horrible arrow flight lol
Good fletched groups are not GREAT fletched groups. If good fletched groups are "good" enough for you, you are done. If you want GREAT fletched groups, then, strip off the vanes on one arrow and fire a group of three fletched arrows at 20 yards, and fire ONE bareshaft. Example. Feller has GOOD fletched groups at 20 yards. All the points of the FLETCHED arrows are smacking at 20 yards. So, I tell him to fire ONE bareshaft at the three FLETCHED arrows which are grouping "GOOD".

FLETCHED arrows have the points smacking together. Is this "GOOD" enough for you? But this feller, wanted to BUST nocks at 20 yards. The bareshaft tells the entire story. VANES are working OVERTIME, but the vane steering correction power is not good enough for this guy to be busting nocks at 20 yards. So, the bareshaft is TAIL SKY HIGH. In this case, the fix was tweaking his arrow rest.

New results at 20 yards. 1/4-inch groups. Told him to fire ONE fletched arrow again and again, at 20 yards. This way, no way to kill nocks or bust the back end of arrows.

ONE hole accuracy at 20 yards. You try. Start with three fletched arrows at 20 yards, and ONE bareshaft arrow (that means you stripped off the vanes and DO NOT put any tape at the back end). Want clean bareshaft aerodynamics, a smooth carbon tube surface, to see what the bare bareshaft does.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Make sure your 2 axis on your sight is correct bullet holes at 3/4 i would go back to that and check your axis

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good fletched groups are not GREAT fletched groups. If good fletched groups are "good" enough for you, you are done. If you want GREAT fletched groups, then, strip off the vanes on one arrow and fire a group of three fletched arrows at 20 yards, and fire ONE bareshaft. Example. Feller has GOOD fletched groups at 20 yards. All the points of the FLETCHED arrows are smacking at 20 yards. So, I tell him to fire ONE bareshaft at the three FLETCHED arrows which are grouping "GOOD".

FLETCHED arrows have the points smacking together. Is this "GOOD" enough for you? But this feller, wanted to BUST nocks at 20 yards. The bareshaft tells the entire story. VANES are working OVERTIME, but the vane steering correction power is not good enough for this guy to be busting nocks at 20 yards. So, the bareshaft is TAIL SKY HIGH. In this case, the fix was tweaking his arrow rest.

New results at 20 yards. 1/4-inch groups. Told him to fire ONE fletched arrow again and again, at 20 yards. This way, no way to kill nocks or bust the back end of arrows.

ONE hole accuracy at 20 yards. You try. Start with three fletched arrows at 20 yards, and ONE bareshaft arrow (that means you stripped off the vanes and DO NOT put any tape at the back end). Want clean bareshaft aerodynamics, a smooth carbon tube surface, to see what the bare bareshaft does.
Yes I am after great groups, thats why I havnt gave up on it haha
My bearshaft is hitting about 8/10" right with nock right at 20yds
about 3' left at 50 yds

It seems like my arrow starts off flying point left then corrects the other direction like a curveball.

sight was checked for second and 3rd axis rest is under 3/4 now from walk back tune

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Like already stated,don't overthink it. I never papertune,and only broadhead tune after I get my 20yd pin set. On an Evolve,I wouldn't worry much about centershot unless the arrow is coming off the rest pretty extreme. Centershot measurements are just a suggestion,not an end all. What does you cam lean look like at full draw?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like already stated,don't overthink it. I never papertune,and only broadhead tune after I get my 20yd pin set. On an Evolve,I wouldn't worry much about centershot unless the arrow is coming off the rest pretty extreme. Centershot measurements are just a suggestion,not an end all. What does you cam lean look like at full draw?
Unfortunately I dont have a way of checking cam lean at full draw, as far as not overthinking it this is my target rig and if Im going to put in hundreds of miles of travel time this year I want to make sure my equipment is in top condition :)

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Unfortunately I dont have a way of checking cam lean at full draw, as far as not overthinking it this is my target rig and if Im going to put in hundreds of miles of travel time this year I want to make sure my equipment is in top condition :)
My point is,pick ONE tuning method and stay with it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My point is,pick ONE tuning method and stay with it.
ah ok.

I just went and brought rest back to 3/4 and fired bareshaft trough paper, after all if the bareshaft shoots straight so will everything else right.

what I found is in order to get a bullet hole with bareshaft I have to put my finger on the front of the grip and pull it (torque) to the left some. Im guessing this is due to cam lean??

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
ah ok.

I just went and brought rest back to 3/4 and fired bareshaft trough paper, after all if the bareshaft shoots straight so will everything else right.

what I found is in order to get a bullet hole with bareshaft I have to put my finger on the front of the grip and pull it (torque) to the left some. Im guessing this is due to cam lean??
Possibly,you should be able to look up/ down at the cams to see what they're doing. I have a Decree HD I have to put thumb pressure on to get it to shoot.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok here is what I tried, all at 3/4" centershot.

340 spine same length 100 grain tip , no change to tear

added 30 grains to original arrow for 150 gn total no change to tear

the only thing that changes tear is torquing bow to left.

when in the left torque position (or a bullet hole) the top cam is leaning to the left.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts

when in the left torque position (or a bullet hole) the top cam is leaning to the left.
You have two options. Move the rest to accommodate, or swap a shims.

·
Registered
50,316 Posts
Honestly the cam shim thing is way over done on this sight. I have only run across one Evolve that needed to be done to.
Your problem sounds more like a grip issue.
If it was a bow tune problem then the nock would be one way or the other, not both ways.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts

Have you tried to nock tune your bare shaft arrow? Many times just turning the nock will change the tear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,165 Posts

Two things. Evolve cam bows are very grip sensitive. Second thing I am going to guess that at full draw your top cam looks like ( \ ). So you may need to move one small shim on the top cam from the right to the left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts