Archery Talk Forum banner

Tuning help

283 Views 4 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  jdk040
I shoot a DXT (29"/74#). I just got new Vapor Trail strings and a new Vital Gear Pro Rest. After bringing the rig home i started paper tuning. Everything seems good. String, rest, arrow tip, and stab line up good, and a fletched arrow paper tunes well at various distances. Problem is that the rest is 1/8" to 3/16" closer to the riser than it is supposed to be according to the laminated center line on the Mathews grip. This also seems to make me only able to see 3/4 of my sight housing( the other 1/4 is blocked by the riser). Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong? Please help, this is pretty new to me and I'm trying to learn as I go. Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Hello Jason, you will want to ignore the grip line and start with the rest out at 13/16" or 11/16" from face of riser to center of rest/arrow. When paper tuning take this with a grain of salt so to speak. If you get the tears down to a slight high diagonal left tear you probably are good to go. After that I strongly recommend "Walk Back Tuning". There are several tech tips on Mathews web site and I will add the link in a minute...

· Registered
2,201 Posts

· Registered
2,201 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.