Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man am I getting frustrated. I went with a whole new set up this year. Drop away rest and purchased maxima 250's. I have used spitfire 100gr.for the past 2 years with my wisker biskiut. I could drill quarters at 30 with FT. I never shot my mech. much...once or twice into the target, just to make sure and they flew good, as far as I could tell they did. My dilema is this. With my drop away and new arrows I shoot better with the FP, but when I put the g5 striker on I was all over the target. Almost missing at times...from 20 yards. So i put the mech. on and i was way off as well. I noticed the arrow was not flying correctly with either mech. or fixed BH. Kinda wobbled downrange.I spun the arrows and found some wobbles, I put those to the side. I refletched an arrow(was 2" blazer w/out helical. The arrow I refletched is 4" and I put as much helical as I could get. I put FT on and drilled the bullseye at 20yrds. Put the g5 on and 3" high and a little left . What do u think I should do to get tuned?

·
Registered
438 Posts
So you say your using the 4" fletch helical now instead of the straight blazers? And at he end you said the g5 was 3" high and a little left, was this consistenly high or a little left or just 1 arrow? Sounds like your getting some plaining to me. Have you checked your centershot? or papertuned it?

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when i had the drop away put on last week they said they papertuned it. should i do this with a broadhead? Yea I shot 1 shot after changing fletching. arrow and head had no wobble. I did not even back up to 30..I got frustrated

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I don't know what kind of drop away you put on but you need to spin test in an arrow holder to make sure the insert is properly aligned..( 1st) Make sure the top2 blades are at 10oclock and 2 oclock not to contact your rest. Then shoot 2 arrows w ft and 2 w bh and move rest in or out SMALL amts until they come close . I recommend paper tuning also before this. I assume you have your center shot and nock point set.Use a square and set the arrow 1/8 "nock high to start. Hope this helps -I'm switching sites and need to mark out yardages on the HHA. COME ON OCT.7 TH!

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I read alot of replies and took some advice.. I put the 4" right helical vanes on. Then I put the broadhead on and matched em up with the vanes. so my vanes are matched up with my BH now..Went and shot..Same result...Hitting dimes at 20yds...Backed up to 30...hitting silver dollars( i need some more practice):wink: Just want to thank all who helped. I love these g5...need to come up with a wrench for em...man are they sharp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts