Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new nock and d loop and getting a paper tear low. I lowered the rest which helps but now getting fletching contact. Looking at my vanes and the rubber on the riser, this looks like it’s been happening.
I’m thinking I need to rise the rest and redo the nocking points and d loop. I wanted to ask your opinions just in case there was an easier solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Adjust nocking point up and rest, I set mine through the Berger hole so the bottom of the shaft is even with bottom of Berger hole, retime the cams and should be good to go.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adjust nocking point up and rest, I set mine through the Berger hole so the bottom of the shaft is even with bottom of Berger hole, retime the cams and should be good to go.

Should I redo my nocking points or can you slide them?

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
You can rotate em and they will thread up the serving. Or retie em. I usually retie unless I’m fine tuning.

·
Registered
982 Posts
When I see that I ask two questions—where is your center shot and where is your arrow height? Raise your arrow so the bottom of your arrow is at or slightly above the bottom of your Berger hole. Center shot should be about 3/4-13/16”. If left tear, give your left yoke a half twist and take a half out of the right...opposite if left handed. Also, check your timing... should be even or top hitting slightly before the bottom. It will tune...be patient.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
It appears to be a drop-away rest, so you can rotate the fletchings if it helps clearance, you don't have to shoot index vane straight up. However, it does look like the rest may be lower than the middle of the berger button so I'd raise it, along with your nocking point (and peep)

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I see that I ask two questions—where is your center shot and where is your arrow height? Raise your arrow so the bottom of your arrow is at or slightly above the bottom of your Berger hole. Center shot should be about 3/4-13/16”. If left tear, give your left yoke a half twist and take a half out of the right...opposite if left handed. Also, check your timing... should be even or top hitting slightly before the bottom. It will tune...be patient.
This is good advice only thing I will add is I have threaded D loops up and down string if not to tight and when you are happy with position just tighten with D loop pliers or needle nose pliers. Patience is the key word

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I raised the rest and d loop and it’s pretty close. Do you guys think this is a good tear? I’m wondering if I don’t have the paper tight enough or if it’s just the type of paper cause I can’t seem to get it any better than this. I’m using regular copy paper.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Not bad. Tighten that paper if you can and try it from different yardage’s if possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts