Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum. I own a Parker Ultralite 31. The bow is very nice and I have read some good reviews on it. However i am having trouble tuning it. I am pulling aprox. 65 lbs. shooting gold tip graphite xt 5575 arrows with 3.5" right helical vanes & 100 grain tips. Last fall i wanted to switch to fixed blades, but I couldn't tune it to fly straight. The shop where i bought it was no help. He gave me several different weights to try but no luck. I have killed a couple deer with it but still think it should shoot more accurately. When i shoot field tips the arrow nock seems to tail to the left before straightening out. Any suggestions

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
I have a guy walk into my shop with a Bowtech with the same problem, he is shooting 65 #s also and is using the same arrows, goldtips 5575 and is using 100gr tips. This is what I did, first after trying to paper tune with his arrows and tips and having no luck we went to 125 tips and the arrows tuned a little better but when we went to 150gr tips it was a perfect hole up close at 5 ft and at 10 ft and 10yds all the same. So his shafts are just to stiff and probally the same is for your situation. I got out some of my shafts I use and those shot perfectly also so try a little weaker spine shaft and you will be back into the game. I measured his shafts and they were 28 1/2 in long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I adjusted the rest in a little. it seems to help some. i haven't tried shooting any broadheads yet.

My arrows are also 28 1/2 in. long. I am very interested to try a hevier tips. i will let you know how it goes. thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts