Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my specs:
Mathews Monster MR6
70 lbs
28"
Gold Tip Kinetic Pro 300 spine

I was getting left tears and continued to move my rest to the right till I eliminated the tear. Now my Fletching is very close to the cables and I am tuning the right vane down a hair to miss the cables. It shoots bullet holes and I was able to group well at 20 yards. I was unable to shoot 40 yards this afternoon. Would like to see if some archers on here have had to move their rest very close to the riser to eliminate left tear?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I was having a problem with left tears with my Elites. No matter what I did. I ended up playing around with how I gripped the bow. Now my centershot is where it should be and am getting bullet holes. Each bow grip is different. I found what works for me. Now when I grip the bow, I automatically grab it the way I need to. That is what worked for me. Try it, it may help. It sure won't hurt. Good luck, Ray.

·
Registered
50,389 Posts
Sounds to me like your going to the wrong source to fix the tear. It is more than likely your form ---- how you grip the bow plays a ton into it. I can make a well tuned bow do exactly that just by how I grip it. It is suprising how many people grip a bow improperly and think they are doing it correctly. NutnBolts has an excllent picture of the proper grip. Set your rest back to center and practice your grip. You will be suprised the results.

·
Sandgate Archery
4,028 Posts
x2 :thumbs_up

Sounds to me like your going to the wrong source to fix the tear. It is more than likely your form ---- how you grip the bow plays a ton into it. I can make a well tuned bow do exactly that just by how I grip it. It is suprising how many people grip a bow improperly and think they are doing it correctly. NutnBolts has an excllent picture of the proper grip. Set your rest back to center and practice your grip. You will be suprised the results.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No...my grip is not the problem. I understand your point but I have an excellent torque free grip. I hold my hand up to make a stop sign and them let the grip rest against the pad of my bow hand that radiates pressure up my wrist and arm bones. I have a torque free grip and am an excellent shooter. I am not going to "change" my grip to make it tear a perfect hole in paper. There is something different about the Monster MR6 than my previous Z7 and Z7 Magnum.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Lay an arrow along your cams and see how much cam lean you're getting. And check it at full draw, too. The more you have the more third axis shift you get, and the closer to the riser the bow will tune.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My arrows spine should right...300 spine on a 70 lb Monster MR6 27.5" arrows. They are fine on OT2

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
Lay an arrow along your cams and see how much cam lean you're getting. And check it at full draw, too. The more you have the more third axis shift you get, and the closer to the riser the bow will tune.
BINGO do this and it should tune. it probably has some degree of cam lean and that will cause the problems you have.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do I do the arrow against the cam to check for cam lean....this seems very interesting.

·
Banned
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, she is shooting bullet holes at 10 feet through paper and grouping decent at 25 yards. Here is a good group at 25 yards at Gander Mountain in Knoxville this evening. Could be better but she is grouping.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The Monster 6 has issues with weak limbs that cause cam lean. I had one come into the shop like what you're describing and no matter what I did to it, it would tear 1-1/2" to the left. Mathews knows about this problem and they'll work with your dealer and ship new limbs for replacement.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
His spine is correct. Anything less would be way too weak. Spine is not issue here. Other things that were brought up are more likely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts