Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say i put a new set of strings on my bow ( its a cam and a 1/2) and my brace is long or short. what do i do to correct it? same question regarding ata as well. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
first ensure you have the correct string and cables, then twist each until the specs are correct. This takes some time to be accurate and requires alot of checks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first ensure you have the correct string and cables, then twist each until the specs are correct. This takes some time to be accurate and requires alot of checks.
ok but do i twist the string or the cables or both and will twisting shorten bh or lengthen it ?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twist the string until your ATA comes in and then check your tiller and BH
ok so i should twist just the string to get the ata in. so what do i do with the cables ? just twist them to were they're round then leave them alone and do the adjustment on the string? sorry if im asking stupid questions but no ones ever showed me how to do this before.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Good questions there. Please confirm that you have to max out your limbs to check for the spec.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i havent actually put the strings on yet i just want to know what i need to do when they do go on.

·
Master Class
8,199 Posts
There is a pretty good thread back in the bow tuning section at the top. Read the Java tread. The Buss cable gets your A.T.A. C.C. brings your cam timing together and the string gets your D.L.Make sure your string is relax to start. It will interfere with your A.T.A if you don't. JAVA thread goes more into detail.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts