Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend that doesn't get on the computer that is a 60X shooter and he asked me to ask the tuning gurus what if anything he might try to get his fat indoor arrows (2512's) to quit hitting the rest right where the feathers are. He says that his arrows have always done this. He is talking about the arrow slamming down into the rest right at the feathers after he tunes for a bullet hole. He won the last New England Sectionals shooting 60X's (only 60X in any class) so he is not saying that the bow won't shoot this way, he just wants to know if anyone has figured out how to eliminate that contact. He is shooting a Cam and Half Protec.
Thanks,
Jbird

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Umm, why would someone want to change things if they shoot 60x's all the time like that???????????? But if he wants to change, go right ahead! :) IMO, if the arrow flies the same way each time there is no need to change anything. If he has a bullet hole each time it should be flying the same.

Just to ad a suggestion as well, though I am not sure on this at all, maybe a stiffer or weaker blade may work. I don't tune and have never tried this, but it is something that might work.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Just a suggestion - try indexing the nock, ever-so-slightly to see if that might do the trick. MAy also want to try going to a more narrow luancher. But if it were up to me, it seems like it isn't broke, so there's no need to fix it:D, but on the other hand it's always in the back of your mind too.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blade Stiffness???

Now there is something to try. Obviously he isn't going to make any significant changes when he shoots 60X's in league 4 out of every 5 times we shoot. Brad, I know you know my friend, but you don't know him well enough to know how anal he is about the little things. LOL Maybe thats the reason he shoots 60X's the majority of the time.
Jbird

1 - 4 of 4 Posts