Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get the most FPS out of a Evo I'm setting up.

It's a 65# set at 66# and 28.5" draw length. Using a 370 grain arrow and 30 grains or so on the string. Cams are synced on draw board just before cables. Fastest I can get out of it is 300 FPS according to the IBO calc, I should be around 313-314 fps. Any suggestions on how to get the most out of this bow?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I use archery pal to look were I'm setting before and after tuining bows its a very accurate program it is showing you are about 7 fps off could be many factors here the tune,the chrono just stating my finds.any questions feel free to call me or text thanks Steve 309-712-4579

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Trying to get the most FPS out of a Evo I'm setting up.

It's a 65# set at 66# and 28.5" draw length. Using a 370 grain arrow and 30 grains or so on the string. Cams are synced on draw board just before cables. Fastest I can get out of it is 300 FPS according to the IBO calc, I should be around 313-314 fps. Any suggestions on how to get the most out of this bow?
that should be about right for most, mine is 14 fps slow , shoots dam good though

·
Registered
795 Posts
If using a pro chrono the cream or white colored one they run a little slow, also try cardboard on top of lights to block out flourescent light interfearrance. Seems about 5-7 slow. Ck nock to string and loop fit also. Hope this helps. 2014 Evo. 27.75 65# 385grn 303 fps

·
Registered
795 Posts
Also try a stiffer arrow, point weight could be weakening arrow more flex before leaving bow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts