Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a question for the experts,
If you have a bow with an un-installed string and cable,what are the proper steps to assemble and tune it.Do you twist up the string to set ATA first,then the cable for brace height,some guy's say they only twist the yoke on one side until they check for cam lean etc.(very confuseing)
I would like to know if there is a dedicated sequence and order for this process? :confused:

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
It is really a matter of understanding that doing one changes the other because of cam/wheel rotation.

I start by checking the string and cable lengths and compare them with the stated specs. I expect the string and the cable to be about 1/8" to1/4" short because there is no load on them. After I adjust the lengths, I install them and measure A2A and inspect cam rotation. At that point, it is a case if reacting to what you find. If the A2A is correct, and the cam rotation is correct, than the brace height must be correct. So if the A2A is correct and the Brace height is out, than cam rotation must also be out - kinda get the point.

Twisting for cam lean should really be the very last thing you do. And for the record :secret: :secret: if a bow is paper tuning left or right and centershot will not fix it, twist the cable yoke on one side or the other and recheck. You can make a leamon shoot like a dream with a little yoke tuning. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts