Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot a trykon xl with a 32 inch draw at 70 lbs.Has anyone else had any problems tuning this bow?My set up is as follows:Whisker biscuit QS,Carbon Express 3D select 400 arrows,100 gr. field point/100 gr. muzzy 3 blade,2 inch blazer vanes.My bow shoots very smooth and fast,and my arrows are accurate,however I still get a small flutter in my arrow flight.Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Lou & Jode
10,775 Posts
Make sure the cams are in time.With the biscuit the hole needes to be a little bigger around than the arrow,I also like to serve a little material under the nock between it and the loop to create a little down pressure on release,this gives the arrow guidence and room to flex through the bristle hole on it's way out.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You didn't list what length arrow you are shooting. You might be a little underspined with that draw length and poundage for a 400 shaft. If you can, try a 300 and see what happens. Check to make sure your cams are in the right rotation as well. Opinions vary on this, but I like for my top cam to be slightly faster as it makes my bow perform better. I shoot the xl at 68 pounds with a 29 inch draw, 29 inch cx 3d select 300, 100 grain tip, and 3, 2 inch blazers and it shoots darts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Lou, I forgot that the 400 is spined heavier, I don't know where my mind is today. Our season doesn't open until Oct. 1, so maybe it's up a tree some where.:embara: Sorry for the mis-info. Still yet check to see that your cam rotation is on and also check for fletching contact. You might want to shoot through paper just as a reference to see what is going on and what kind of tear you are getting. That is just a starting point though. A little tweaking on the zephyr cam.5 can make a big difference in the shooting performance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bhunter32 said:
You didn't list what length arrow you are shooting. You might be a little underspined with that draw length and poundage for a 400 shaft. If you can, try a 300 and see what happens. Check to make sure your cams are in the right rotation as well. Opinions vary on this, but I like for my top cam to be slightly faster as it makes my bow perform better. I shoot the xl at 68 pounds with a 29 inch draw, 29 inch cx 3d select 300, 100 grain tip, and 3, 2 inch blazers and it shoots darts. Hope this helps.
Thank you bhunter32,I shoot a 32.75 inch arrow.I just switched to the biscuit and I am pleased so far.My old rest was a NAP Quicktune 3000 and I did not like it at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts