Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys.
I just got a PSE Vendetta xl last month, I am having a horrible time tuning it. it is set at 55lbs 26.5 inch draw length and I am using a 460 grain Win and Win arrow. When i shoot at 20 yards the arrow goes straight into the target. but when as I move closer the arrow gradually becomes more crooked in the target. No matter how much I try tune my rest I cannot get the arrows to fly straight. Could anybody please give me advice on how to fix this

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Maybe that arrow is stiff??? Line the cam marks up over the cables and shoot!! Make sure your top cam is square with the string too!!
Maybe you are torqueing the bow???

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Have you tried paper tuning it? That'll tell you what your arrow is doing.

On all my PSE's I line everything up with the lines in the arrow shelf and riser, make whatever little elevation adjustments with the arrow rest then yoke tune and small adjustments to arrow rest to get the windage where it needs to be.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have paper tuned it and walk back tuned it, the arrows are going accurate enough but the are still fishtailing through the air. Is the arrow spine a problem?

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
At that weight and draw 400 spine would be all you need.

With the weight your posting I'm guessing your at .300 or some sort of heavy .340. That would be too much. If you've got some heavy insert/point combo going to get that weight that could be the problem as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts