Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Grand Master of Missing
VXR 31.5, Black Gold, QAD, Bee Stinger
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to see what other people think about tuning releases. I've always used a TruFire, just switched out from the Bulldog single caliper to the Hardcore Max for the extra padding in the strap, speed onto the string and the crisper break.

Anyhow, that thing had a feather touch when I bought it. I mean, if you thought about looking at it the wrong way it was gone (not like, shooting when it wasn't supposed to, it was just quick. Always test your releases on a shoelace, kids).

Recently, I've begun to go with a higher tension and length of pull, as focusing on a longer, steady pull (counterintuitively) helps me avoid punching. I tried shooting it at its feather light setting by using back tension, but it wasn't for me. I'll get a proper back tension release one of these days, maybe this February or something.

All this is to say: how do you like tuning your wrist release as far as pull and tension and why?

·
Grand Master of Missing
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn alright

·
Registered
282 Posts
How I set mine up is by setting trigger pull as light as I'm comfortable with then I adjust it slightly for a little heavier trigger pull I'm useing the truglo boa strap and I've marked the cable so I can repeat the tension I like snug fitting tension on mine strap hope this helps

·
Grand Master of Missing
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How I set mine up is by setting trigger pull as light as I'm comfortable with then I adjust it slightly for a little heavier trigger pull I'm useing the truglo boa strap and I've marked the cable so I can repeat the tension I like snug fitting tension on mine strap hope this helps
Interesting, thanks dude

1 - 4 of 4 Posts