Archery Talk Forum banner

tunning an Apex7

521 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Jeff K in IL
At full draw I have a slight cam lean on the top wheel. DO I twist this out or not? I know how to twist the cable and fix it, my question is do I want to or not?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
8,473 Posts
At full draw I have a slight cam lean on the top wheel. DO I twist this out or not? I know how to twist the cable and fix it, my question is do I want to or not?
Does that bow have the roller gaurd?? If so I have found that the slight idler wheel lean is common in these bows. I wouldnt worry with it too much if she is shooting good.

· Registered
444 Posts
Can we Fix it? Yes we can!

yes it does have the wheels. and it shoots ok
Twist that cable and get it strait, its better for the wheels and cable to be lined up with the string and center shot than to be lined up with the cable guard. good luck

· Registered
5,479 Posts
I've done it on both my A7s.

Took care of the lean.

I don't know if you are "supposed" to, but it worked with no ill effects.

· Registered
2,313 Posts
You want your string tracking straight at full draw. After you get it straight at full draw you want to set your rest (drop away) 11/16 from riser, if you have a fixed rest,prong style or what ever you want to set it 13/16 from riser. It will look like it is compleatly off center shot at brace,but at full draw it will line up great. This is a good starting point, after you do this finish tuning with walk back tune. Happy shooting!

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I assume everyone is checking the lean on a draw board?

What are you referencing the lean to?
No

I do it with my sight on and check the bubble is level and then referece the idler against the door frame in my garage which I have checked with a spirit level is vertical.

As the idler is black and the frame is white any lean shows up well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.