Archery Talk Forum banner

tunnung Vs super tune list please.

353 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  XForce Girl
Can someone please make a list of everything that is done for a super tune and a list of just a tune.

As for my self I work in a shop and when ever I tune someones bow this is my order of doing things.

1 Safety check limbs, riser, rest, and peep.
2 Arrow rest position (bergen hole or what ever)
3 knocking point 90deg to string
4 Cam lean at full draw w/ draw board and adjust accordingly
5 Timing
6 Center shot W/ Easy eye laser
7 Paper tune W/ owner shooting
8 Walk back to 40yards W/ owner of bow

for this we charge 15.00. Is there anything else that I'm missing that would make this a super tune?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
10,119 Posts
supertune

Can someone please make a list of everything that is done for a super tune and a list of just a tune.

As for my self I work in a shop and when ever I tune someones bow this is my order of doing things.

1 Safety check limbs, riser, rest, and peep.
2 Arrow rest position (bergen hole or what ever)
3 knocking point 90deg to string
4 Cam lean at full draw w/ draw board and adjust accordingly
5 Timing
6 Center shot W/ Easy eye laser
7 Paper tune W/ owner shooting
8 Walk back to 40yards W/ owner of bow

for this we charge 15.00. Is there anything else that I'm missing that would make this a super tune?
Sounds good.
I do the arrow rest, Berger Hole, set at the same time I use the laser for the center shot.
I also turn the limbs all the way down before I begin and check tiller. Check the customers poundage before doing this so you can set it back to where is was.
I also lube the axles, tighten down all screws. Wax their string.
I don't want to get into a price thing with the general public on here but for the time involved in a Supertune, I charge more than you do.
the paper shooting and walk back is done by one of our guys, mostly because I can't pull over 50lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.