Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when you shot a deer with them when they are passing through will they break when hitting the rib. thanks.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Wondering the same

Bubba

I am wondering the same thing.....I have the turbo hunters on my arrows and i am hoping my 1 3/4 cutting JakHammer will open a big enough hole to pass the turbo through. I have heard however that sometimes it will pop off on the hide and that way you know exactly where to begin your tracking job! I will post on here what happens for me this upcoming season.

Rocket

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Same here.

I'm pretty sure they will come off trying to follow the 90 grain Muzzy. I some possibility they will be IN the chest cavity.

I'm going to get some bright orange or pink arrow shaft wraps to make the shafts easier to find.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Yeah, they pop off! I had one stay on in a pig...found it later! Hee Hee! You guys breaking them as much as me?

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
there are different stories about the turbo nock and it was said by a guy who used them in africa. and he had complete pass throughs on his but he also said that he did what i have done to get the turbo nock to stay on and that was use some glue i use dura lock to help hold them in place and i screwed it in and unscrewed to get it out
rob k

·
Registered
242 Posts
I know that when I hit a soft spot on my target the arrow passed through and the turbo nock didnt.

One thing I found that is nice, if you shoot broadheads and they stick through the target you only have to pull the turbo off and pull arrow through and then pop the turbo back on.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I am giving up the Turbo Hunters, I think. I couldnt imagine having the turbo pop off and then trying to find my carbon express cx300 hunter in buff tuff camo on the forest floor! Its hard enough to find an arrow with flourecent fletching let alone with none. Could put the arrow wraps on but thats another 10 grains on the arrow and plus i just dont see the need for the turbo nocks now that i have shot them, I am not any more accurate with them vs my feathers.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
sorry to hear rocket most of the people i have talked with say they have had a much improved outcome. maybe you might need to look at your set up and recheck your centershot and tiller tune and then try them again.
rob k

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
If you glue the Turo Nocks in, It sucks to remove them when it breaks from slapping arrows together. Just slip them in, and shoot!
ROCKET, CHECK YOUR PM!

·
Registered
53 Posts
there are 2 many tight wads...

well i am back just read a few of the new post. it just blows my mind that there are so many tight wads in the bowhunting world. well if i tick anyone off well thats my opion...... number one yes i shoot turbonocks in my opion the best thing put out in a long time.. number 2 i shoot acc and redlines . and i dont whine about not finding my shaft after i shoot a deer. that is the last thing on my mind is finding a 13.00 shaft. after i shoot a nice buck... GUYS QUIT WHINING ABOUT LOOSING A SHAFT WHEN YOU SHOOT A NICE BUCK. ALL OF YOU GUYS HAVE SHORT ARMS AND DEEP POCKETS. THAT MEANS TIGHT ASSES.. plus if you are worried about loosing a carbon express. go to dicks and buy a cheap shaft. the turbo nock make any shaft fly GOOD. i will have a turbonock test page going soon. along with a way to test broadhead the proper way.... so if there are some of you who like 5 SHOT who want to tell the principal go ahead..... this kind of whining has shown me that most of you dont need to be in the woods..

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Nick Snook described in some detail how he setup a whisker bisquit in the past.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nick Snook wrote;

I have had about six calls on folks having problems with Whisker Biscuits.
I have had no problems with the whisker Biscuit myself on any of my 5 test bows. I basically make sure the rest is dead level with the nock and that there are no left or right issues and it works , with both the DEADX and the HUNTER.
I do find it difficult to level the Whisker Biscuit with a conventional bow square.
I use a carpenters string level. I put my bows in a vise and put the level on the shelf and set the bow so it can not move, then I put the arrow on the noc and in the whisker biscuit and put the level on the arrow. when it is level in both places , It usually works with very little additional adjustment.
I am going to do a series of tests over the next few weeks where I will set up my bows again with the Whisker and then detune them until they do not work. IN this way we should be able to figure out why some folks are having problems.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
What ........Turbo Nocks.....LOVE them! Have not used them on deer size game, but, I will let you know!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I tried 'em with mixed results.They are very accurate and I didn't have any tuning problems whatsoever.
But....
They break even if you don't hit them,and they're too loud IMO.
Great idea that needs improvement,again IMO.

They're for sale in the Classifieds.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Im lost... What are these nocks?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts