Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did some shooting of the new HTX at 20 30 and 40 yds. I shot these myself without my hooter shooter. I haave not shot in a few weeks as a result of traveling to sport shows. I was primarily concerned with the flight of the arrows. For my shooting skills I was quite happy with the groups and will do some longer yardages on monday when I get back from the Knoxville Hunting shoW
The first photo is at 20 yds

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my second try at 40 yds. the first group I punched one really bad. the second group fell in place a little better.
My shoulder started to cramp, it is still not back 100% since the surgery. Monday I will do more scientific testing with the hooter shooter when I get back from the Knoxville Tenn hunting show.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
HTX Size

How big are these compared to the Hunter version? From the pics they look about the same, and do you recommend these for fix blade heads?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a comparison photo.
the main difference is that these are on a smaller nock that is designed to fit the little g-nock bushing found on acc and redlines.
The HTX basically the same vanes as the Hunter but they are more wedge shaped at the front to improve the aerodynamics.
the HTX is also made from a new plastic material that was required to deal with strength issues of the smaller nock insert of the g-nock bushing.

HTX will fly Fixed Blade or Mechanical broadheads.
I prefer Mechanicals, but a lot of folks do not , so this one will fly both if you are shooting anything that uses g-nocks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Available for Sale

When do you anticipate these being available for sale?

I was shooting your Hunter version when I was shooting carbons but have switched to ACCs and would like to get back to using them.

Thanks-

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just okyed the mold maker to start making the first production run. We should have Black and White available within a week or two. and green and orange as soon as they can do some color matching. I will post when they are available.

This comming week One of my TEAM TURBO shooters , Dustin Yokum who is the Captain of the Penna College of Technology Archery Team is going to do some distance shooting for me.
I decided since he asked , to use him instead of my shooting maching.
Dustin has shot several 400 plus scores in Pa. 3d shoots this summer. and has already shot TURBOS accurately out to 140yds.
We are going to have some fun and try to see what happens
ata 200 yds.:D

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Observations

The HTX, in addition to fitting the G nock bushing, has the throat of the nock closer to the vanes. Over all it appears it will be shorter than the hunter.

IMO this is another subtle improvement.

·
Registered
85 Posts
OK,
I took my changes, rebuild my Spigarelly Magnetico to drop-away
and ordered 1dz deadX green.

Hope they will fit into some old x7 I have somewhere?
Reckon they be here in a day or two.

A bit sceptic but off course I have to test the thing.
(Half the fun with archery is testing out new stuff)

H

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The TUrbo will fit the X7 . Basically any Easton shaft that has a unibushing that takes the super nock will work. For some strange reason most brand name carbon shafts have virtually the same inside diameter as the Easton unibushing. This was either a conspiracy by all carbon shaft makers, or just an accident.
Anyhow the TURBO will fit most carbon shafts also.
:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Nick how is the progress on the HTX?
Would love to use on my ACEs and Cartels for my field shoots.
Those turbos on my X7s are great.
Enjoying every minute :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
100 yd test shoot of HTX

with the new grandson I almost forgot to post this.
Dustin Yokum using a Hoytt , Easton Redlines and the New HTX
Did some distance shooting. I am posting photos of the shoot.
The last one is the target with two rulers laid down to show the group . 4and 1/2 by 2 inches at 100 yds . WHEW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
100yd photos

this is the 100yd range with DUSTIN YOKUM
Thanks to the Lycoming County Fairgrounds.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
100yd HTX group

This is the first group shot at 100 yds.
somehow I lost the photo with the ruler and will have to do it again. anyhow we were pretty happy with this at 100 yds in a cross wind from our back at about 10mph with gusts.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I'm Ready

Come on Nick, get some of those babies in from mfger!!!! These ACCs are pain in the arse to fletch.

That is some shooting there 4 1/2" x 2 1/2" @ 100yds :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THE BLACK AND WHITE HTX are now available on the internet.
If you do not like to order on the net . you can call our toll free number 866 814 4722.

I will be at the PA Bowhunters Festival this weekend but will still get to my answering machine. Monday I will be in the shop all day.:D

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
nick snook said:
Nick I have always wanted to ttry your product but have a question why are all you arrows in the pic not in straight ?? just wondering thought maybe it was the camera angle??. I will be trying some soon.Scott

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you are looking at the last photo with Dustin at 100 yds, there are only three arrows the crooked lines are shadows.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
100yd HTX group measurement

I took the green pie plate off the target and measured the horizontal and vertical distances for Dustin's 100 yd group.
I put red tape to show the direction of the measurements.
This measurement was made with the target upsidedown.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts