Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I thought I would look for some help here.

My wife and I are considering moving to New England, possibly NH or VT after Christmas.
Two of our Children live in Boston and we want to relocate closer to them , but not Too close.
Our Turbo Nock setup requires basically an area the size of a one car garage, and I also do stone carving and make jewelry.
We are stuck here in Pa. until after Christmas . We have a jewelry store in a local mall.
After Christmas we are looking to move . somewhere within an hour and a half to two hours from Boston.
We would like to rent first before buying to be sure we liked an area.
We are looking for a small town.We need a two to three bedroom home in a small town or slighty rural a garage or a clean basement to set up the turbo shop.. We are also considering possibly opening up a jewelry shop if we could find an area near the winter ski season or summer season tourism.
If any one has any suggestions or possibly knows a realestate agent any
help would be appreciated.

OH yeah it would be nice if there was an archery club or range in the area!!!

A

·
0 Posts
You can check out Seacoast properties. They cover pretty much from Seabrook, NH to Rochester, NH which is anywhere from 45 mins to 1 1/2 hour from Boston. Also Big Al's archery is a Top notch Pro shop. Talk to Danny or Geoff their phone number is 1-603-474-3575 and the address is 146 Larayette Rd: Seabrook NH 03876 Website is www.bigalsarchery.com They can help you out with all of your archery and hunting needs.
Good luck with your move
Bob

A

·
0 Posts
Anytime Nick. I am moving back up there myself in 10 days. Seperating from the Navy after 10 years. I lived there for 23 years so I pretty much know the whole area. If you have anymore questions you can PM me and I will give you my #.
Take care
Bob

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hey Nick, Have you tried looking into Maine? (Lower Maine) I am about 2-2 1/2 hr from Boston. I think it is closer to 2 hrs. I live in Gorham and if I drive 15-20min to the east I am in Portland. Losts of stores and a nice mall. Now if I drive 15min to the west I am in the sticks There are a bunch of towns around here with well priced real estate. Its worth a look. I have an real estate agent that is a friend of the family. Ill get you here info via PM.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Check out western MA. Mostly rural and Stockbridge for instance, has summer tourism (Home of Norman Rockwell for instance), ski areas nearby and is close to the New York and CT borders. It's about a 100 miles from Boston. The cost of living is lower than eastern MA and CT.
(And we don't talk funny at this end of the state) :wink:

If you're not a huge fan of snow and cold, you might be better off in the southern ends of VT or NH if you decide on that route.
(VT has the lowest population of the New England states by the way.)

·
Registered
6,180 Posts
I don't know where in PA

But Southern NH/VT are pretty expensive.
NH has a LOT better business climate.....but both states have a pretty high cost of living......and if you are within an hour and a half from Boston......you might as well live in Mass., most of the people are from there now anyway.
I agree with W. Mass or Eastern NY.......less develpoment pressure...less city.
For the most part, Albany is 1.5 hours away.
Good Luck...........there are some GREAT people up there, I lived in VT for almost 10 years.....but it is changing.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Another vote for Southern Maine here. Maine is a real nice place to live, I live in Gorham too...hey Adam... I went to school in Boston, it took 2 hours to get into the city. A few nice archery shops around and quite a few deer around, relatively speaking of course. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nick,

Hate to hear that but I wish you the best of luck. It was great knowing you and thanks for the lessons in Kung Fu and the conversation. Im sure Ill run into at the mall prior to you leaving, Ill be out there for phone work.....

·
7,984 Posts
Well this southern boy don't know a thing about the North...lol
But good luck with your decision and relocation! :)

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whew Thanks to all. My wife and I keep checking out these locations on our map and so far we are still thinkin!!
Hey Poorman! See ya in da mall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts