Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 Turbohawk (70# draw weight, 29 inch draw length) with QAD LD rest. I am getting fletching contact on my arrows. My arrows are Beman ICS hunters 400 with 3 inch duravanes. I've had the rest adjusted multiple times as well as the nock point. I had my original blazer vanes replaced with the smaller duravanes and I am still having the same issues. My total arrow weight is 392 grains (100 grain tip). I am thinking about getting a different rest to see if that will help. What rests would you recommend using for my set up? I want a full containment drop away rest. What are other Turbohawk owners using?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm shooting a ripcord code red on the same bow with zero issues. But the QAD should not have any contact issues either. Spray footpowder on the fletchings let dry then shoot and it will show exactly where the contact is occurring. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Are you sure the contact is not with the cable?? I had the same issue with my alphamax..figured out my blazers were making contact with the cable and not my QAD. Changed over to a limbsaver cable slide and gave me MUCH more clearance between the vane and cable than the factory hoyt slide. Problem fixed... Might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
One is the rest timed correctly, that being it comes up in the last inch of the draw cycle. Two, is your nock point set an 1/8 high? These are usualy the culperts when it comes to vane contact, also the vane contact on the cables could be the cause.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I use a Whisker Biscuit on my Turbohawk. I also use Beman ICS Hunter 400's. Works like a charm!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Quad but no clue how to make adjustments.. I had it set up it works for me . shrug.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the feedback guys. The fletching is hitting the left side of my rest. I can tell because the felt is being ripped off that side. I only have the felt at the very bottom third of the rest so my arrows aren't even close to clearing. I'm thinking I'll just drop the money on the ripcord.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
You will have the same problem with the ripcord if its not timed right. All you have to do is make sure the rest comes up in the last 1-1.5" of your draw cycle. Adjust the pull cord on your cable until you have the desired effect. The quad is plenty fast for your bow even much faster bows. As long as its timed

·
Registered
138 Posts
.400 spine for 70lbs seems a bit weak. what grain tips and how long is your arrow?
I was kind of thinking the same thing...I shoot 340's and I have a 70lb pull and 30in draw. I shoot the Beeman MFX with a whisker biscuit on my turbohawk, with no issues.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
i had a similar problem, shooting 340 spine beman ics bowhunters. i am using a trophy taker pronghorn rest. the problem is the shelf on the bow is so small. I finally got it to clear, but i have since changed to fob's, just need to practice with them.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I have a QAD pro (older style) on my turbohawk with no problems. At 70# and 29" draw you are probably underspined with the 400's you may want to try 340's. QAD also makes the T1 launcher they recommend for hoyts due to it being an 1/8th taller and offering more drop/clearance. I never needed it on any of the Hoyt's I put a QAD on but that may be worth trying as well.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
I'm using a QAD HD on my Turbohawk with no issues at all. I use the TL1 fork with my arrow level and my center shot right at 13/16". 30" draw at 61 lbs. using .340 spine arrows.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts