Archery Talk Forum banner

Turkey and Fletching

407 4
Hello friends,

I have a 2 part question,

1. I have a all white fletching and white wrap at the end of my arrows, will this cause me problems while turkey hunting as far as being seen by the birds?

2. Does a turkey hunter need to be in a blind or is a tree stand a practical way to hunt turkey?

Thanks for the help,
Tom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
I shot a turkey last spring with blaze orange wraps on my arrows and he didn't see me (no blind). I think you run a much greater risk of your movement being seen while drawing your bow than the wraps/fletch on your arrow.

You don't have to be in a blind but it helps a lot with movement.

· Registered
2,751 Posts
I shot a turkey last spring with blaze orange wraps on my arrows and he didn't see me (no blind). I think you run a much greater risk of your movement being seen while drawing your bow than the wraps/fletch on your arrow.
Sure you do (movement)......but unlike deer, turkeys see colors JUST FiNE.

If it were me, I'd get something to cover them up with (several product on the market). If you're hunting in a blind....no issue.

· Born To Hunt
6,149 Posts
Turkey IN a Tree

I shot one out af a tree about 3 deerseasons ago, but I had drawn my bow on a turkey that had landed in the edge of the field and he spooked,when I drew, another one landed near where he was and I shot and killed it, turkeys are looking for danger on the ground and in trees, they will pick you off if you make any movement in a tree, dont draw on them unless they cant see you or you wont get one out of a tree. They are alot more spooky of movement from a tree than any deer are.

· Registered
938 Posts
hunting out of a tree or a blind is really up to you cause both work. but i proffer a blind it lets you move a little more. I also have white wraps and fletching and have not had i problem with them spoting me but its really depends on how much you move.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.