Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
I'm changing to Magnus Bullheads this year. Last year I put two nice hits with mechanical bh's and lost both of them. I was sick! This year I figure I will either decapitate them or miss them. I can live with either, just not losing birds after apparently good shots.

· BOW ONLY!
2,591 Posts
I'm changing to Magnus Bullheads this year. Last year I put two nice hits with mechanical bh's and lost both of them. I was sick! This year I figure I will either decapitate them or miss them. I can live with either, just not losing birds after apparently good shots.
Sounds like you may have hit them too far forward (breast hit). They always seem like good hits, and then the birds runs off never to be seen again. Dont give up. We need to really study the anatomy of turkeys in order to get good shot placement. It's also hard to take your time when getting the shot. Most of us rush when we dont have to to hurry up and get the shot off before the turkey leaves. You will have more time than you think. Dont think that with a bullhead you cant wound a bird because you can just as easily.

Out of those two choices I would shoot the rage. You will get easier penetration through the feathers with two blades instead of three unless you are shooting a high poundage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.