Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting some new turkey decoys and was wanting some suggestions. There looks to be alot of great ones out there and its making it hard for me to choose. I'm kinda leaning towards the Carry-Lite Pretty Boy and Pretty Girl decoys. Cabelas has them on sell right now for $89 for the set which makes me lean towards them even more because of the price. Has anyone used these decoys and if so whats your opinion on them? If not using the Pretty Boy and Pretty Girl let me know what your using and what you guys think about your set ups.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
Buy them and you won't be disappointed. Very nice decoys.

Another option could be what A-Way Products calls turkey skins, $40.00 each. They are basically a turkey rug with feathers and all that you just slide over your own decoys. I tell you what they look really, I mean very real! I'm going to pair one up with a bobble head decoy this year. I think it will be deadly!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
If you are looking to get a prettyboy and prettygirl.... then you may want to know that the fan on the prettyboy is made out of some kind of cardboard.... that is what made me decide against it I don't have an actual fan to put on it.... however if that does not deter you from getting one then you might check at Rural King..... they have them here for $79 for the set.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I heard a real fan will work better with the pretty boy, but i am pretty sure that those old toms won't know what hit them when i plug them with the fan that came with it.

I got the pretty boy as a gift, if i had to choose one myself i would still get it, even though the B mobile would be a consideration (doesn't look as nice imo, but it is easier to transport)

The sale price at cabelas is their regular price, you can snag them for $82 on ebay, i bought mine from some guy out in SD, got the package the very next day!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Cherokee Sport Turkey Decoys

I just bought the Submissive Sally and Delinquent Jake. I will tell you what the quality of print is great. They are being sold through Wal-Mart also for $19.99 each. Actually cheaper through Cabelas. I was very impressed.

Cast from a freeze-dried turkey head for an extremely realistic shape
Photo-printed, compact, inflatable bodies
Lifelike movements in the slightest breeze

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
If you want a strutting decoy, I'd go with B-mobile. He is easy to carry around and it looks just as good as the Pretty Boy decoy without the bulk.

·
Registered
717 Posts
the B-mobile

This decoy is the best on the market great detal...plus the real feathureseven beter...i think they are cheaper then the pretty boy?I have had toms running in on this decoy most of the time it is there last run...lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tribute 2007, I would go for the pretty boy and girl, they are awesome.After you get your turkey, skin it out so you can save the wings and back feathers and cure them out. I used gorilla glue and put those feathers on pretty girl and she looks real!! I will try to post some pics later

·
Registered
91 Posts
I've always hunted over a Jake and a Hen. That was it. I've had pretty darn good luck with it too... I might just be luck though. This week, I bought the Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl Decoy Kit. I've read a lot of good things about them. However, what made me go ahead and get them was the price! If you check out Rogers Sporting Goods (in Liberty, MO), they have the Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl Decoy Kit on sale until 03-31-2008 for only $64.99!!!
http://rogerssportinggoods.com/sale.htm
That beats the heck out of Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops. In fact, I printed out the Rogers Sporting Goods Ad, took it into Cabela's (I'm in NE not MO), and they were more than happy to match the price at $64.99! So for that price, I'd say go for it!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I've always hunted over a Jake and a Hen. That was it. I've had pretty darn good luck with it too... I might just be luck though. This week, I bought the Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl Decoy Kit. I've read a lot of good things about them. However, what made me go ahead and get them was the price! If you check out Rogers Sporting Goods (in Liberty, MO), they have the Pretty Boy & Pretty Girl Decoy Kit on sale until 03-31-2008 for only $64.99!!!
http://rogerssportinggoods.com/sale.htm
That beats the heck out of Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops. In fact, I printed out the Rogers Sporting Goods Ad, took it into Cabela's (I'm in NE not MO), and they were more than happy to match the price at $64.99! So for that price, I'd say go for it!
for that price definately go for it!

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
i got a cherokee full strut gobbler with a molded head for 25$ and a submissive sally for 9$ at wallyworld

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
I have a collection of Turkey decoys unfortuante but true.:embara:

Last year my favorite combo was the Pretty boy and my modified widowmaker hen but this year I have replaced the widowmaker with one of Dave Smith's Hens. If I were to only own one single decoy I would save up and put my money on this decoy!

Check it out here: http://www.davesmithdecoys.com/DSDHenTurkey.htm

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
I have a collection of Turkey decoys unfortuante but true.:embara:

Last year my favorite combo was the Pretty boy and my modified widowmaker hen but this year I have replaced the widowmaker with one of Dave Smith's Hens. If I were to only own one single decoy I would save up and put my money on this decoy!

Check it out here: http://www.davesmithdecoys.com/DSDHenTurkey.htm
John that davesmith decoy looks great! For not having real feathers that thing looks REAL! You going to put glass eyes in this decoy?

·
Registered
8,159 Posts
John that davesmith decoy looks great! For not having real feathers that thing looks REAL! You going to put glass eyes in this decoy?
Ryan,
This one is so real looking that it does not even need the glass taxidermy eyes! :eek: I will try to put my widowmaker from hardcore out in the yard one afternoon with my DaveSmithDecoy just to show you how totally real this thing looks. :nod:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
the carry lite decoys rock. They are very well made and will work for you great......good luck

·
Registered
19,545 Posts
im also interested in a set of decoys...not sure if i want to go with a Tom decoy because some of the birds in my area arent really big and tuff!! haha

i would like a nice hen decoy and maybe jake decoy...or do you thinks a pretty boy and girl will be good??

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
No need for the pic brotha, I went and just bought one myself:eek: Will have it next week:tongue:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts