Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard of guys that do the pur with the diaphram calls. I try and cannot I dont know what im doing wrong all I do is choke on the call. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
A purr can be made 2 ways---gurgle your throat--vibrate your lips like a motor boat. You have to keep your tongue on the reeds at all times.
I'm a gurgler.... sounds better to me and I can inflect more pitch or aggression to mimic fighting purrs!:wink:

(plus, my lips get numb from doing the "motor boat" :embara: )

-ZA

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm a gurgler.... sounds better to me and I can inflect more pitch or aggression to mimic fighting purrs!:wink:

(plus, my lips get numb from doing the "motor boat" :embara: )

-ZA
Your right-gurgling sounds better , if you can do it. I can't , but i can get a good purr with the motor boat method. I use to have trouble purring soft but now i can purr loud or soft. I can doo all the calls but gobble-haven't figured that one out yet and prob never will.

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
"Did you motor boat them?" "You did, you did motor boat them you a motor boatin SOB" :ROFLMAO:

I'm sorry, but all this motor boat talk made me think of Wedding Crashers lol :embara:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Learn something new everyday. Now I can motor boat purr. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
But do your lips smacking together make much noise? Mine sound like a ballon flying around the room when you let it go. What to do? Any info.?

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Purring

Actually say the word "purr" when you make the sound, then give a low "putt" at the end. When hens walk around feeding, content, they'll purr and give a short, soft putt. So its like, "purr,purr putt". NOT an alarm putt, but a content little putt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.