Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turkey hunting setups.......

I purchased a BM 32/50 lbs max as my turkey hunting bow/late season whitetail hunting bow and it will be here within 10-14 days.I plan on setting it up with a 5 pin spot hogg,limbdriver pro-v and a 6 or 8" doinker stabilizer.As my whitetail season is over Dec 31st.I am shifting my attention to spring turkey hunting and getting a new bow setup for just that this winter.I am not sure whether i want to shoot my 125 gr bullheads or 125 gr chinadermics yet.How many have a setup for turkey hunting?I wanted another short ata and when i seen this 50 lber for sale.I knew i needed it, as i had a 60 lber before and it was an awesome hunting bow...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I plan on adding a bomar stop to this rig,I may even purchase another mbg 3 or 5 pin slider sight instead of the 5 pin hogg sight.I think I may setup one sight to shoot the bullheads and the other regular broadheads...so i can just change them back and forth during turkey season.I will be shooting either anarchy,slick trick mags or a vipertrick using this rig for late season whitetail next year...Turkey hunting is not far away and it can't get here soon enough...hurry up end of april.....Grizz

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I just put 45-55lb limbs on my Omen Pro. I think it will make a great turkey bow, but I primarily have it set up for deer. I also have the Bomar stops on it and I shoot the Chinadermics too.

I've been hunting with VAPs the last couple years, total arrow weight of 305 grains with bow poundage set at 60#. Starting this spring, I'm switching to an arrow that will weigh around 500 grains and I'll shoot the bow maxed out around 55#. I have an HHA Ultra dial sight, single pin.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have killed lots of big deer and bears with the chinadermics the last few years and i have shot bomar stops on my pse bows for years.I wouldn't shoot a pse without them now.I have not been hunting with a pse for a few years as i was sick of them, to be honest.I will be buying one more this winter...I just do not know which one as of yet....I have lots of heavy arrows but for me,I will not be shooting more than a 430 gr arrow from this setup...Grizz

·
Registered
306 Posts
I got a triax for this year because I'm going to try some blind hunting for spring turkey.i have it set at 68 but will most likely turn it down to 60 and get the benefit of the easier draw.what broadheads to you guys recommend for turkeys.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I got a triax for this year because I'm going to try some blind hunting for spring turkey.i have it set at 68 but will most likely turn it down to 60 and get the benefit of the easier draw.what broadheads to you guys recommend for turkeys.
Chinadermics, they're hard to beat at less than a dollar each.

https://www.ebay.com/i/282652701268?chn=ps

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have killed lots of big deer and bears with the chinadermics the last few years and i have shot bomar stops on my pse bows for years.I wouldn't shoot a pse without them now.I have not been hunting with a pse for a few years as i was sick of them, to be honest.I will be buying one more this winter...I just do not know which one as of yet....I have lots of heavy arrows but for me,I will not be shooting more than a 430 gr arrow from this setup...Grizz
I agree, They feel even better on my Dominator that I shoot indoors. Really makes a great, stiff wall to hold against while using a hinge release.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will also need to design a new arrow wrap and build another half dz arrows for turkey season..I will probably just shoot stalker xtremes, as i really like those arrows and for the price...they are hard to beat,I have killed a lot of animals with them...Grizz

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I'm pretty new to Turkey hunting, but I'm stoked for April to come as well. Bought a longer ATA bow last February so turned down my 60lb. Drive lt to 53 lbs and shot my first Turkey with G5 Striker broadhead. I just used my whitetail setup turned down for shooting from a chair. Hope I get the opportunity to do it again, what a rush @ 8 yds!

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to purchase the bow pod from Magnus for this spring,I have a few others but really don't like them.I should have bow within a week and will start setting it up the next month or so...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First items for this bow will be a bomar stop,magnus bow pod a pack of Nap Gobbler getter 100 gr broadheads and I may buy a new sight as well...Grizz

·
Registered
475 Posts
My turkey hunting set up is a evo max @ 60#, same set up for whitetails, I have recently used the chinadermics for turkey and deer also but any large cut expandable works fine.

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I forgot all about this bow,it will be here early next week.I purchased another bow after this one...I can't wait to set this up this winter for spring turkey hunting...I forgot I have 20 chinaxutioners in my broadhead box...no need for the gobbler getters this spring....Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just placed the order for the bomar stop,bow should be here by tuesday.I plan on getting it all tuned up in the next few weeks...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bow should be here today.I am hoping it arrives before I head to work...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The bow is here,I currently set it up with a single pin slider,whisker biscuit and a vibrachek stabilizer.I may switch to a multi pin sight and drop-away before spring....still waiting for the bomar stop to arrive in the mail...Grizz

·
Premium Member
26,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have been tinkering with it this morning,switched the stabilizer to a 6" doinker,feels a lot better.I placed the order for the magnus bow pod and some feathers, along with a few arrow saw blades this morning.I am excited to get this bow dialed in for turkey season...I am planning on keeping the single pin and setting it up to shoot my mechanicals for turkey, and also setting up a multi-pin sight and use it to shoot my bullheads.I will just switch them back and forth when i want to change it up.Very solid hunting bow,I always did like the bm 32 I had before...50 lbs maxed out is like a hot knife through butter...just before spreading it on your croissant at brunch....Grizz

1 - 19 of 19 Posts