Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently decided to hunt turkeys this year with my bow. I was wondering exactly where i need to shoot them. I use a Grim Reaper 2" Mechanical broadhead. Also, if anyone has any calling tips that they are willing to share I'd appreciate it.
Also, is a decoy worth buying? And how much would I be looking at spending? Thanks.

·
Wait......what?
4,888 Posts
This is the main meeting place for archers around the world. Use this area to cover all topics related to archery and the archery community EXCEPT HUNTING.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only put serious replies please.

·
Wait......what?
4,888 Posts
Only put serious replies please.
I did. I just copied and pasted from the title of this section. It clearly states "EXCEPT HUNTING" in the titile. I bet if you put this question in the "HUNTING" section you will receive more answers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Turkeys are extremely resilient, so a head shot is best if you can get it. Otherwise I like a facing straight ahead, or facing straight away shot. Blows my mind how many turkeys guys lose. Where I hunt decoys are worthless early on (best to pattern them), but great after the hens have been breed and Toms are on the prowl again. Decent decoy might cost you $30-$40. A blind can be useful as well...

·
Registered
12,995 Posts
I did. I just copied and pasted from the title of this section. It clearly states "EXCEPT HUNTING" in the titile. I bet if you put this question in the "HUNTING" section you will receive more answers.
Uhhh...I think this is the hunting section

·
Registered
219 Posts
ya im pretty sure this is the hunting section..lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
Man, you should get your own page in the craftsmen TOOL catalog.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have killed several turkeys runnin n gunnin with a bow, must haves comfortable seat (gobbler lounger) YES you need at least a hen, I like a JMobile from Primos with a real feather fan and always place him facing me, cause gobblers will always get right in front of the decoy, as soon as his sights obstructed, DRAW your bow, aim right at the wing socket and youll never go wrong, I shoot my deer BH's (STingers) I just add a Adder's small game collar to it, also I bring the bow down to 50lb aswell, good luck and I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
calling tip- - - if you already know how to call. . and you have a hot hen that keeps responding to your calls repeat every thing she says.. . you will piss her off and it seems to question her dominance and it will usually bring in the tom she is worth

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is the main meeting place for archers around the world. Use this area to cover all topics related to archery and the archery community EXCEPT HUNTING.
seems someone forgot which forum he was in. This is the hunting forum.

·
team whacknstack
3,191 Posts
this is also a place for dweebs to meet also

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Uhhh...I think this is the hunting section
ya im pretty sure this is the hunting section..lol
Man, you should get your own page in the craftsmen TOOL catalog.
seems someone forgot which forum he was in. This is the hunting forum.
As often happens the OP placed this in the General Archery section and a MOD moved it here.

to the OP read the links provided and do some searching and you will find a bunch of info.. The biggest thing is movement, turkeys have great eye sight you move when they are looking and you are busted. Randy

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
As often happens the OP placed this in the General Archery section and a MOD moved it here.

to the OP read the links provided and do some searching and you will find a bunch of info.. The biggest thing is movement, turkeys have great eye sight you move when they are looking and you are busted. Randy

Yeh, I think when a mod moves a post there should be a flag or something that indicates it has been moved and from where so people don't get their undies in a wad. :)

Lien2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts