Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you guys would enjoy this. Got a picture of this bird while scouting. It is not the best picture because the vehicle was moving and he was running. Would you guys shoot him?

·
I Got Serious!
3,362 Posts
Not only would I shoot him but I think I would have my first full turkey. Awesome picture and more so bird!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guys in our camp are going to try and figure out where he is roosting and go after him. They will have until wednesday to try and pattern him. hopefully they kill him. I unfortunately have a different unit.

·
Registered
640 Posts
That dude has some hooks! I'd call 'em a limb hanger.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Super bird.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Well i guess we all agree to kill him. I think that was a no brainer:shade: hopefully somebody gets him.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
Great Bird!.....Someone get'em!

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
question.............. how do you know if he is 14"+? He looks like some of the 11-12" birds I've killed

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
question.............. how do you know if he is 14"+? He looks like some of the 11-12" birds I've killed

We compared him to pictures of other birds that we have gotten pictures of and killed.

In our hunting group we have taken over 150 birds since the early '90s and have lots of pictures and film to compare to. He drarfs all the 12" plus beards that we have. But all in all it is a conservative guess. Hopefully we will be able to measure him if someone kills him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts